Quantcast

awwww shit. IT'S ON

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
The dirt they dumped on the track might come back to bite them. Its blown out and dusty now, but with so much rain predicted things could get messy AF.

Reece Wilson back as well. Good to see, but imagine breaking your leg that bad and deciding VDS was a good way to ease back into racing. Dear god.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
with so much rain predicted things could get messy AF.
Well, looking forward to it. Here.
Brendan was moaning there are no WC tracks where flats are needed anymore... lets see if he can stick a set back on and finally qualify ;)

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Well, looking forward to it. Here.
Brendan was moaning there are no WC tracks where flats are needed anymore... lets see if he can stick a set back on and finally qualify ;)
The one bloody track I really wanted to see Hill race and he's out. So bummed.

Weirdly, VDS is one place a lot of riders reckon would be bloody hard on flats because its so choppy and rough.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I think he'd still have been miles off, even there TBH
I wouldn't even care about the time. Just wanted to see him ride it again, just had such a unique riding style. I had a feeling this was gonna be like a retirement year season for him, sucks he got injured.

Would love for a charity "celeb" DH race to be held so we could see Bryceland, Hill and a few others with good distinct styles just go for it again. Doubt any of them are gonna be making a dent against the current wunderkids.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Mandatory no footers on a motorway?
One of the Juniors chucking a sui no-hander at Leogang was brilliant. They need a Sik Mik spirit award every race. I get excited anytime Kade Edwards slips up in the first split cos you know he's going to turn it into a slopestyle run after that.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Watching the vlogs, I realized the 4x world champs are on this weekend too. Some of the riders are pumped and thinking of riding in them. Checked my GCN+ broadcast schedule. No 4X broadcast. :thumbsdown:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I think he'd still have been miles off, even there TBH
Wait,you mean you have not been honest this whole time Gary? Just say it for fucks sake! No need for the TBH. Cause, to tell you the Truth,you could be wrong.

Avy

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I saw that
Screenshot_20230630_091737_Chrome.jpg

And wonder if you know about other ingenious ways of stopping the chain from falling off between the cassette and the stays?

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Is jnr finals on YouTube live this morning?

I'm at work and the robbing Cunts at GCN+ Still haven't sorted out whatever issue it is that stops me from logging in to their website.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Thought Theo would beat Brendan. Neither made it in tho. Just Kade in for the free riders.
Dean Lucas hasn't make the cut again either... Ah well... At least he should manage to retain the title of "moaniest cunt on the circuit" for another round.
Solid position again for Ronan.

Tuhoto in again! Ah yeeeah! Love that dude!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The Full Attack guys noted that Jordan beat the elite mens times last year (3:35.941 to Vergier's 3:39.774. I can't quite remember, did the track conditions change?)

His quali time (3:36.164) today was within a second of his winning time last year. That boy has a thing for this track...

Ironically, Vergier is on the same second as his run last year - 3:39.898!

Track is obviouly running quicker, but still... wowza!

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
From previews I think they said the course is slightly different in a few places and they'd moved in plenty of dirt to fill in bomb holes, so I don't think you can compare times exactly.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
From previews I think they said the course is slightly different in a few places and they'd moved in plenty of dirt to fill in bomb holes, so I don't think you can compare times exactly.
100% agree. From what I gather, it's smoothed out in sections, but they've also tried to slow it down by rerouting it, and throwing in a few extra curves and some off-camber sections. Still, it seems to be running quicker than last year.

Also, Vital posted their Raw from today:

edited to add: holy fvck is the number plate system ever complicated. :twitch: I couldn't figure out why Bruni didn't have the number 1 plate, despite him being #1 in the standings (I think). Thanks to the PB sleuths (who'd have ever thought that sentence would ever be typed), I think I understand: top 10 from last year get their plate for the year... then it goes by this year's standings. So w last year's #1 (Amaury) currently out, there is no #1 plate on track. And the current #1 (Bruni) finished outside the top ten last year, so is currently rocking the #11 plate. I think the UCI/WB-Disco are doing themselves a disservice with this system. I seem to recall it was a big deal for the riders to earn the #1 plate and get to run it at the next race. It also made it possible for viewers and fans to follow the racers throughout the season and see who is on form. Bottom line: I don't like change :monkey:

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Jr race was awesome!

Sad times for Reese, Dean Lucas, Brannigan, Fairclough, Palazzari and Grice.

On the other hand, Pau is killing it! Looks like those DHSE races got him going this year.
The Neko Pre-Season Series. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Minaar with another DNF but is still listed as protected? How the hell does that work? IIRC he has one completed timed run this season, with a crash.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Minaar with another DNF but is still listed as protected? How the hell does that work? IIRC he has one completed timed run this season, with a crash.
I just went back to have a look, and he's plate #10. Meaning he finished in the top 10 last year. Meaning he's protected for semis. I think? (there's a difference between P and p in the protection rankings... I think big P means protected to finals and little p to semis. Not sure how one acquires a big P though! :D )

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just went back to have a look, and he's plate #10. Meaning he finished in the top 10 last year. Meaning he's protected for semis. I think? (there's a difference between P and p in the protection rankings... I think big P means protected to finals and little p to semis. Not sure how one acquires a big P though! :D )
For some reason I thought that once the season started it went by current rankings.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I think the UCI/WB-Disco are doing themselves a disservice with this system. I seem to recall it was a big deal for the riders to earn the #1 plate and get to run it at the next race. It also made it possible for viewers and fans to follow the racers throughout the season and see who is on form. Bottom line: I don't like change :monkey:
Is the WC [Nathan Rennie accent] "leaders garment" [/Nathan Rennie accent] no longer a thing then?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Preliminary qualification results:

View attachment 196248
I swear this year is Crazy. The Top 20 from last year got put into a blender. I feel like anything can happen. As this is the First year,I’m going to say that they will adjust,they are Pro’s.

Look at my Favorite Team last year: Hatton,Kolb. I remember tellin Gary they could possibly beat TBow and Amery. Of course I was wrong, but I did say that they are special. Special they are I say on the 3rd race this year.

Finn,Bruni are fellin pressure from a Rookie. This Team tome is the most fun to watch unfold this year.

SantaCruz,I want Greenland to rise to the Top of that team,but Jackson is having none of that. I can’t even find Greg on any Vital YT’s?

So,I am making my call for top 3 tommorow. 1. Greenland 2. Benny The Jet. 3.Kolb

Avy

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
As would @Avy say :

Specialized, Jordan not Michael is fast togo down the track. We used to rock-a-rock down the way and now, what they say : Quick as a Ferrari!

My waffles will taste like victory at 4:AM when I watch the semi-finals on my screen. No way they make me sleep while racing is underway. In Italy. Val di sole, filet de sole?

My prediction for tommmmorrow :

Menners : 1. Michael Jordan W. 2. Andy Cold 3.Low-Ree Besides-the-Baffin-Sea
Womenners : 1. Cam-E 2. Val-E. 3.N-E-Na

Koni

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
As would @Avy say :

Specialized, Jordan not Michael is fast togo down the track. We used to rock-a-rock down the way and now, what they say : Quick as a Ferrari!

My waffles will taste like victory at 4:AM when I watch the semi-finals on my screen. No way they make me sleep while racing is underway. In Italy. Val di sole, filet de sole?

My prediction for tommmmorrow :

Menners : 1. Michael Jordan W. 2. Andy Cold 3.Low-Ree Besides-the-Baffin-Sea
Womenners : 1. Cam-E 2. Val-E. 3.N-E-Na

Koni
I Love it Brother! That “Koni” at the end made me smile.

Now who else would like to make a Top 3 call?

Avy

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Poor Brandon couldn't make it on the bumpiest bike parkiest track of the year. On a real track and on flats he would've smoked them alll. So he's not on the steps.

M
1. Kokua Jumper Master Kid
2. Andi Piston
3. Lord Brüni

F
1. The Real Hoff
2. Fastest Mum to ever ride DH
3. Fastest Biathlete to ever ride DH

Last edited: