Quantcast

awwww shit. IT'S ON

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
You are a real cunt. How old are you? I can take a good grilling,but you have no eggs in the basket,no ground underneath you’re feat Brother.

Yes I saw Diprelas run. As if I did not know the track was worse?

Didn’t work out for Verg,nothing new. What a Joke that comment is. I can not comment any more with you,waste of fucking time. Last,you better Hope Verg does not win. If in the case he does,I will call it the fwp Verg Victory lap for every fucking win here forth. Mock me.

Avy
I always root for Vergier, in my opinion he is fast enough to win on any track with a clean run. He was the fastest guy of the weekend a few times last year and it slipped away in the finals. At his best I think there is a good chance he is the fastest guy right now. He has 7 WC wins, he should have atleast 3 or 4 more if he could dial in the consistency.
I have no personal grudge against you I was just pointing out the finals are the fastest times of the weekend every week in mens and womens, just like last year.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
so yeah, I count 9 WC DHI stops - first 6 in Eurolandia, last 3 outside Yurp - 2 in September, 1 in October. World Champs at Vallnord at end of August into early Sept.

1690652063720.png

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
holy shit; just realized we've got 3 race weeks in a row incoming! stoked, am i.
Andorra vids popping up on Youtube now. Looks dusty as hell and super fast. Wonder if they sorted those mega dangerous bridges out for this year.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Social media blowing up with videos of a deluge and hail storm during the track walk. Wonder what the forecast is for the weekend. Looked like rapids running down the track during the walk - hopefully not too much damage.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Andorra vids popping up on Youtube now. Looks dusty as hell and super fast. Wonder if they sorted those mega dangerous bridges out for this year.
Is that Josh Frotha kid that Wyn interviews at the end of his trackwalk his new protégé? That kid is seriously stoked!

Also, riders don't appear to be too happy with the semis format. Rarely seen them be so blunt.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
riders don't appear to be too happy with the semis format. Rarely seen them be so blunt.
Think they're done towing the UCI/Discovery party line. Midseason points change in semis, sketchy tracks, untrained trackside officials, terrible coverage, crooked and/or scattered pits, practice schedule changes, and now 3 weekend races in a row to potentially blow yourself up.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Is that Josh Frotha kid that Wyn interviews at the end of his trackwalk his new protégé? That kid is seriously stoked!

Also, riders don't appear to be too happy with the semis format. Rarely seen them be so blunt.
Who is he? Never heard of him? I‘m gonaa keep an eye on him. With a attitude like that,nothing can stop him!

Avy

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Think they're done towing the UCI/Discovery party line. Midseason points change in semis, sketchy tracks, untrained trackside officials, terrible coverage, crooked and/or scattered pits, practice schedule changes, and now 3 weekend races in a row to potentially blow yourself up.
Add that to a good percentage of factory guys seeing the writing on the wall due to a combination of the new format, the state of cash flow in the industry, and the amount of insanely fast young racers.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
and the amount of insanely fast young racers.
Man if you were one of the older generation lads still trying to get that elusive top step or podium you'd be getting pretty disheartened by the sheer pace of the loony juniors coming through.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Just watched (actually skipped a lot of it) Jnr finals. Rik and Cedric with yet another god awful presentation.
Should I even bother subbing to this shower of cunts again to watch Elite finals.? It's only 2quid a race but FFS!
The odd vital. Ed, Wyn and Moimoi's YouTubes are still great and way more entertaining viewing

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Just watched (actually skipped a lot of it) Jnr finals. Rik and Cedric with yet another god awful presentation.
Should I even bother subbing to this shower of cunts again to watch Elite finals.? It's only 2quid a race but FFS!
The odd vital. Ed, Wyn and Moimoi's YouTubes are still great and way more entertaining viewing
"E is pedaling"

"Like an alpine skier!"

"E is on de inside line"

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Yeah, he's really tough to listen to. The juniors racing is tight right now. Awesome to see. Coverage was pretty shitty in spots again. Cutting away from a live (ish) run to show 10 seconds of slow mo through the berms then cut back to the live run. WTF is that?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Yeah, he's really tough to listen to. The juniors racing is tight right now. Awesome to see. Coverage was pretty shitty in spots again. Cutting away from a live (ish) run to show 10 seconds of slow mo through the berms then cut back to the live run. WTF is that?
It’s so sad what has become of our sport. Let me change up the anger we have. It is time to pick the top 5.

Verg
Hatton
Kolb
that new giuy on Spesh
Benny the Jet

Avy

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Sounds like they are foregoing semis tomorrow because of the wind danger. Practice and straight to finals.

This just in from the organizers:

-------------------------------------------

Communique - Extreme weather / change of schedule Saturday DHI

Based on the latest weather forecast from the national weather forecasting service, the existing schedule for the UCI Downhill World Cup tomorrow, Saturday 26 August will not be possible as planned due to extreme wind speeds.

This safety decision has been made by the UCI, WBD Sports and the local organisers to ensure the welfare of the athletes, teams, marshals, volunteers, spectators and everyone working at the event.

A revised race schedule will be agreed and communicated at 06:15am tomorrow morning following a final weather forecast review.

If racing goes ahead, the schedule will be as follows:

07:30am – 08:30am Training, WE & ME combined.

09:00am – Final WE, 17 qualified riders.

09:45am – Final ME, 61 qualified riders.

If a further deterioration of the weather is predicted to coincide with this revised schedule the event will be postponed for the day & further updates will be communicated as appropriate.

Please ensure your tents and equipment across the paddock area are secured for high winds and heavy rain, and that your personnel are all safe.