Quantcast

awwww shit. IT'S ON

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Agree. Overall it was fine, but that was frustrating, and I was also annoyed at how they seemed to wait longer between runs for the top riders as compared to riders lower down. Felt like they were really milking it toward the end. I mean hey, we've got rides to ride!
It feels like Cedric has something he wants to say but in the heat of the moment can't find the English words and we just get word salad. Or perhaps he has just suffered a lot of concussions.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
It feels like Cedric has something he wants to say but in the heat of the moment can't find the English words and we just get word salad. Or perhaps he has just suffered a lot of concussions.
That makes sense Westy,all of the announcing that he has done has been in French,no? So the heat of the moment might be a little too fast. He should get better in time.

Avy

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
To the guys that liked the feed. Did you actually hear the presenters clearly? Since I heard shit. Does the app have some sound compression issues on appletv or sth? I am pretty good at understandling quiet mumbling but this was a problem for me.
Yes, my audio seemed decent/normal. Using the GCN+ app via chromcast dongle thingy.

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Man e'ploded like a watermelon dropped off a cliff. Don't think he's quite back / ever coming back to normal, or in his case, superhuman

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Probably in the minority here but
Lord Bummer has grown on me, I went from can't stand the guy to couldn't really respect the guy more. The heart and toughness to comeback from the unthinkable wrecks he's had over the years is unmatched.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Lord Bummer has grown on me, I went from can't stand the guy to couldn't really respect the guy more. The heart and toughness to comeback from the unthinkable wrecks he's had over the years is unmatched.
I think there’s a sadness that Gee got titled Lord Bummer because of his “flat” personality that mostly came from wanting to win and being dedicated to his training etc… he seems to be a pretty likeable chap, just not as party oriented as peaty/Warner/bryceland etc.

Nico got called The Alien (admittedly he won a lot more) because of his practices and win rate. I’m sure the English speaking press would’ve called him Lord Bummer as well if Nico spoke English in interviews and he wasn’t some foreign mystery to them…

I also find it funny that Gee and Danare famous for being super meticulous in bike set up, if anyone could get along with a bunch of forum nerds it would be the Athertons

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've always been a fan of him. i just think the nickname is hysterical

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Yeah, no, (no, yeah?) no hate here, Gee is a G.

as if we need any other example of his toughness, he squared up on Sam Dale once

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I think there’s a sadness that Gee got titled Lord Bummer because of his “flat” personality that mostly came from wanting to win and being dedicated to his training etc… he seems to be a pretty likeable chap, just not as party oriented as peaty/Warner/bryceland etc.

Nico got called The Alien (admittedly he won a lot more) because of his practices and win rate. I’m sure the English speaking press would’ve called him Lord Bummer as well if Nico spoke English in interviews and he wasn’t some foreign mystery to them…

I also find it funny that Gee and Danare famous for being super meticulous in bike set up, if anyone could get along with a bunch of forum nerds it would be the Athertons

Such short memories.

There's extensive research on this.

Can't argue with science

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Despite the way he's portrayed Gee's always seemed like a good dude the few times I've had contact in person. That includes being pretty good natured about the whole Lord Bummer thing (which I agree is hilarious). All three of the Athertons are so damn talented and seemingly more than the sum of the parts.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Despite the way he's portrayed Gee's always seemed like a good dude the few times I've had contact in person. That includes being pretty good natured about the whole Lord Bummer thing (which I agree is hilarious). All three of the Athertons are so damn talented and seemingly more than the sum of the parts.
I remember a few people being creeps and harassing him about why "his sister wasn't there" at the US Open many years ago and he manage to not punch them in the face, so credit there.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I don't anyone here has any animosity against Gee. Hell, if I had a bike brad and enough money, the Athertons would be one of my main choices as brand ambassadors. They seem to be comfy around people, have mad skills, and let's be honest, all of them have bounced back from horrible injuries only to have improved performances.

Hopefully we'll see Gee between the tape next season.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not even the unthinkable wrecks....those are brutal.

Gee has a history of eating it at MSA and there is video evidence of almost all of them. I wonder if I can find the thread where they were all posted. Including the one of him smashing the gonads going into the forest, off one of the ski runs. :rofl:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I forgot to mention earlier but how stoked must Whoop be that their sponsorship basically just highlighted how dodgy wrist based HR measurement is for downhill. "OMG Bruni's HR is technically medically induced coma levels!!!"

Uh no.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I forgot to mention earlier but how stoked must Whoop be that their sponsorship basically just highlighted how dodgy wrist based HR measurement is for downhill. "OMG Bruni's HR is technically medically induced coma levels!!!"

Uh no.
Is that what Whoop does? I've been meaning to look into it. But hmmm...interesting metric, but not really the top of my charts.

If they can just get the split times and start times and order of who's up next and then at the end the final results all correct, that'd be great.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
sounds like Amaury fractured a vertebrae (C5), which required surgery:
I think a sort of fusion. I'm not expert, but I think that's a very bad spot for a fracture.

Sounds like the safety and speed of courses is back on the table for discussion...

Also, I wonder if a neck brace would have helped?

Last edited:

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
the attrition rate of this sport is pretty heinous. i'm sure the double race format isn't going to help; can't imagine what racing a punishing track (like MSA) twice in a day will be like. chasing the overall may require a different mindset (ie, ease off the throttle a bit & try to remain unbroken for the season).

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
In some countries national DH series races 2 timed race runs is nothing new. And generally FTD comes from a second run.

Professional "cyclists" having to ride for a whole 8 or 9 minutes in the same day? OMFG!11!!1 etc.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I reckon its the 10 month break since last WC that has done it. They've all forgotten how to ride.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
Professional "cyclists" having to ride for a whole 8 or 9 minutes in the same day? OMFG!11!!1 etc.
you've definitely got a point there. just that the checkers or wreckers mindset isn't going to play out well with 2x the points paying runs. the format intent may have been to gently coerce racers into easing off the throttle a bit, but the transition will be interesting. should reward safe constancy, regardless.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Begging Rachel to race so their bike brand can get more podiums and exposure.
I think it is a Sweet Lookin Bike. I don’t know what the suspension is,or how long those printed parts last? Do you need a new frame,or can you replace the printed parts If somthin breaks? I give them a lot respect,No one else has done that,being that they are Elite DH and using it in the circuit. How is the Company doing? I hope we’ll.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think it is a Sweet Lookin Bike. I don’t know what the suspension is,or how long those printed parts last? Do you need a new frame,or can you replace the printed parts If somthin breaks? I give them a lot respect,No one else has done that,being that they are Elite DH and using it in the circuit. How is the Company doing? I hope we’ll.

Avy
The printer parts should last a very long time if designed well. Those bikes aren't cheap or light so the better be fucking strong.

Lugs and toobz are far from a new idea

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
The printer parts should last a very long time if designed well. Those bikes aren't cheap or light so the better be fucking strong.

Lugs and toobz are far from a new idea
Speaking of lugs. The Proto Pivot is using Carbon Fiber going into AL? I thought we went through this with the GT LTS? Remember it was the GT against the Schwinn Sweet Spot as to what was the best bike? Nico was on the GT back then.

Avy

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Speaking of lugs. The Proto Pivot is using Carbon Fiber going into AL? I thought we went through this with the GT LTS? Remember it was the GT against the Schwinn Sweet Spot as to what was the best bike? Nico was on the GT back then.

Avy
thought i saw somewhere that they're doing that to get the geo and kinematics dialed in, then will move to a single material...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Avy

Hell of a lot cheaper to machine some lugs and glue them to some off the shelf carbon toobz for a one of prototype than it is to make a mold. Probably smarter to just make it out of steel.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
thought i saw somewhere that they're doing that to get the geo and kinematics dialed in, then will move to a single material...
So it must be cheaper that route? I would have thought it would cost more money. It is Beautiful to look at.

Why does Spesh Hide their Sussy for what 3years now,and Pivot sais here it is Boys?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Hell of a lot cheaper to machine some lugs and glue them to some off the shelf carbon toobz for a one of prototype than it is to make a mold. Probably smarter to just make it out of steel.
That is what I was woduring about? The Glue they use to bind the two can only be used one time,IE,to put new lugs on you would have to remove the old one making it impossible without destroying the Carbon. The same for a Gee Frame. It can’t just slide off or Tap it with a Mallet can they?

Avy