Quantcast

Azonic Steelhead Brake Adapter Plate?

Sinfield

Chimp
Oct 12, 2005
Hood River/ Portland OR.
Hey guys,
Longtime lurker, first time poster. Great forums!

I have a quick question for you all. I searched like four different bike forums (bikeforums.net, nsmb, pinkbike, ridemonkey) and couldn't find an answer so I thought I'd register and ask. I recently picked up an Azonic Steelhead frame on ebay for a hundred bucks and built it up with the exception of rear brakes.

I'm using parts from my old rockhopper, and as such, I want to use the v-brakes that came with the specialized for now. Unfortunatley, the Azonic frame did not come with the special adapter plate deal that is used to mount v-brakes to the bosses on the frame. I have emailed both Azonic and Jensonusa and searched their sites hoping to find a way to order this piece but no one has gotten back to me. I took the bike out for a maiden ride last night after converting it to single speed and I love it, but I need back brakes as I came dangerously close to looping a couple manual attempts.

Can any of you help direct me to a place where I could purchase the v-brake adapter for this frame? Thanks in advance.

face

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
northern utah
i think i have some too. i also bought a steelhead off of ebay and the guy gave me an extra pair. just the silver looking mounts that screw into the brake bosses on the frame right?

Sinfield

Chimp
Oct 12, 2005
Hood River/ Portland OR.
Yeah, i'd assume so. I saw a pic in my LBS's catalog and it looked to be silver. Basically I"m assuming (though i've never actually seen them) that it would be some sort of plate w/ two vertical posts that the v-brakes mount to. My rockhopper had the two posts threaded into the frame, but the threads were way to big to transfer to the steelhead. And according to several bike shops in my area, the mounting plate was supposed to come w/ the frame.