Quantcast

Azonic SteelHead question....

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
So, I'm going to buy an Azonic SteelHead Frame, and I'm going to switch the parts off my BigHit on to it. My bighit has a Shiver DC, and I'm not going to buy another fork...so my question?.......Will a Shiver DC be too much for the SteelHead to deal with, or will it work? DOnt bitch about my putting an inverted double crown fork on a hardtail either, i just want to know if it is going to work safely, and not break the head tube.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
it will function fine, and wont brake, but will be super raked out, also with steelheads, your derrailler (if you have one) wont fit on it and neither will your seat binder clamp wont fit, because the seat tube is a wierd size

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
i would check out what is covered under azonic's warrenty for that frame...remember, certain frames only allow for certain max length forks...always best to stay within the company's suggested range.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
BIGHIT756 said:
So, I'm going to buy an Azonic SteelHead Frame, and I'm going to switch the parts off my BigHit on to it. My bighit has a Shiver DC, and I'm not going to buy another fork...so my question?.......Will a Shiver DC be too much for the SteelHead to deal with, or will it work? DOnt bitch about my putting an inverted double crown fork on a hardtail either, i just want to know if it is going to work safely, and not break the head tube.
i have a steelhead, a dc shiver and a dc 7" jr t. the jr. t is fine on it. i am running 24" wheels so i was able to slide the legs up on the jr t and it isn't that raked out. the shiver has a shorter a/c height than the jr. t by default. should be ok but check with the manufacurer.

Jun 18, 2004
BIGHIT756 said:
try it and see what happens... I just hope your not like 6'+ and 190lbs or so... I was of the understanding that only afew (ht) frames can take that kind of stress... such as the Morphine, Le Toy, Imperial, Hooligan (which I'm selling a used frame of), Tankass, and one of the Brooklyn frames... it's the welds and gusseting that makes all of the difference... maybe you finess all of your landings... I don't think I could make that set up work for me... maybe it will work for you... either way good luck...

Jun 18, 2004
BIGHIT756 said:
well, i am like 145 pounds, and I am pretty smooth..(not to brag or anything)...so I guess I'll just try it and see what happens-------HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR THE HOOLIGAN!!!????
a buck fifty... ($150)

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Here's a radical idea. run a 26" in back and a 24" in front, then it will be just like having a sc fork on there. It could happen.

Ynot

Chimp
Dec 20, 2004
Going from a bighit to a hard tail, the DC will smooth out the ride of the entire bike and make the transition feel seamless except for the added quick peddle responce of the hardtail. The extra cush of the DC will probably make up for any head tube strength issues. Screw the skeptics and try something a little different. I bet you will love it. People who try new stuff are the ones who push the envelope for everyone, specialy when they learn to love it and start ride the s#it out of it. In my opinion spending money on the ideal setup is not what makes you a better rider, but loving to ride is.
I've read that on the east coast this type of setup is the rage. Go for it and have fun.
Tony

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
Im keeping everything, because I am keeping the bighit, so I can switch everything back over for whistler. This setup is going to be soo cool. I can't wait to roll up with my super raked out SteelHead, and listen to what everyone says about it.