Quantcast

Aztec housing?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Has anyone used Aztec housing and cables? Are they durable? Is the housing easy to clean? I have to change my housing/cables on a regular basis during cross season and I was looking for a system that I could clean instead of replace.
http://www.deltacycle.com/product.php?g=90702937

Here is their newest housing

and the older one

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've used the older segmented housing, the nokon version too. They suck for MTB use and probably would for cross. Dirt gets in between the segments and ass the cable flexes they wear down shortening the effective house length, you have to constantly keep adjusting things to compensate.

No experience with the newer stuff.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
As someone who has to manage and wrench on 4-5 xc race bikes 14 road bikes, 3 tt bikes, 12 cross bikes and anywhere from 5-8 DH and Slalom bikes every year, I can say, without hesitation, that I totally freaking hate all of the "sealed" cable systems...

They are not worth the price, they are not worth the hassle. Just buy a bulk roll of housing and cables, and change as needed.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
God I hate Gore Ride-On cables.

Agree with SD.

I do run Nokons on my Red brakes, but were I using anything other than Red brakes, no way Nokons would be on my bike.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Why do you think Red needs them, Dustin??? I find enough modulation with the Gore stuff. (which I too hate, as you know)

The housing doesn't suck so much, but those f*#king cables are awful.

I do have some red Nokon that I should put on a bike. I have it for free, so I might as well use it.