Quantcast

baaaaaaaa, baaaaaaaa!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
been enjoying lots of lamb lately. especially rib chops with the bone.
olive oil, s & p, 3 mins. on each side over HOT coals. Tad-ow.
drizzle with a vinagrette & serve with radish tzaziki or whip up a mint chimichuri. damn good either way. even better with a nice cabernet sauvignon.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Made lamb stew yesterday. Red wine, beef stock, porcini mushrooms, carrots, leeks, a bunch of herbs. It simmered for like 8 hours, the lamb was falling apart by the time we ate. Served it old-schoool style over buttery egg noodles, and uncorked a Thackrey petite sirah that was amazing...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
did a pan-seared and then roasted double chops last week, w/ salt and pepper pre-searing, then put on a whisked mix of red wine vinegar, garlic and dijon mustard when i put 'em in the oven. sauteed swiss chard w/ sh!ttake mushrooms and a nice bottle of red complemented it nicely.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
"Yet, still the average American lamb consumption is 300 grams ( .7 lb) per annum "

yeah, it's way down there. strange. we ate a fair bit in ireland, mostly in stews. the lamb chops are great, but a tad pricey. we did a roasted leg for easter dinner which was nicely tasty.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
narlus said:
"Yet, still the average American lamb consumption is 300 grams ( .7 lb) per annum "

yeah, it's way down there. strange. we ate a fair bit in ireland, mostly in stews. the lamb chops are great, but a tad pricey. we did a roasted leg for easter dinner which was nicely tasty.
You cook it and I'll eat it! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
narlus said:
did a pan-seared and then roasted double chops last week, w/ salt and pepper pre-searing, then put on a whisked mix of red wine vinegar, garlic and dijon mustard when i put 'em in the oven. sauteed swiss chard w/ sh!ttake mushrooms and a nice bottle of red complemented it nicely.
:drool: That sounds SO good!!!!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
narlus said:

Damn, that's probably the daily consumption in Australia. We like sheep. :D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
anyone have any leg of lamb recipes?
I have been wanting to smoke on for a long time......but i cant find a paper big enough!!!! ( i kill me )
seriously though....any recipes?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i could try to dig up the one i did for easter. it was pretty easy i recall. salt and pepper the hell out of it, slice up a bunch of garlic, slice some holes in the lamb w/ yr finger and poke the garlic slivers into the holes. i think i made a marinade of dijon mustard and chopped rosemary. spread all aroung the lamb.

roast @ 350 or so until done, and as w/ any roast, let it sit for ~10 min or so while covered w/ foil before carving (this gives you time to make the gravy). i am sure you can get cooking instructions from google.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
jdcamb said:
When I am in Memphis can I come over for dinner? Sounds like you folks got it working food wise....
Just bring the Vino!

Last week was braised lamb shank with ginger & anise seed & a Spanish Garnacha. We are definitely going to have to bust this one out when it gets cold outside.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
TN said:
anyone have any leg of lamb recipes?
I have been wanting to smoke on for a long time......but i cant find a paper big enough!!!! ( i kill me )
seriously though....any recipes?
See if you can get a boneless leg mate. I've been converted after last Christmas. Finally found a place here in Japan that can get me a good leg of lamb. American guy who lives in Japan, on the net as "The Meat Guy". It arrived by courier a couple of days before Christmas and f*ck me dead if the lamb wasn't from my home town back in Australia. :thumb:. Cooked up beautiful .

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
See if you can get a boneless leg mate. I've been converted after last Christmas. Finally found a place here in Japan that can get me a good leg of lamb. American guy who lives in Japan, on the net as "The Meat Guy". It arrived by courier a couple of days before Christmas and f*ck me dead if the lamb wasn't from my home town back in Australia. :thumb:. Cooked up beautiful .
you idiot... don t you know there is nothing better than a pigs head.... :confused: