babies are cute and all....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMike said:
...but oh how I wish they would sleep.

Typing with 1 hand. Grace sleeps fine ALL DAY...at night, not so much. Been up since 1:30.....now 3:43.....
suck it up princess....Otis finally has slept through the night consecutively...for the 1st time ever.

did i mention he's almost 4?

:help:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:
suck it up princess....Otis finally has slept through the night consecutively...for the 1st time ever.

did i mention he's almost 4?

:help:
While I was visiting a friend in CO, her three year old would come into the bedroom at night whenever she woke up and declare "Beeve, I have to pee".

Didn't get much sleep.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Sounds like she's got her days and nights reversed. Same thing happened to us. You just need to keep her awake more during the day. Easier said than done, I know, but it worked for us. Our son now takes a bottle around 9-9:30, "plays" until 10 and then sleeps until 4:00. Pretty good for 11 weeks.

BillT

Monkey
We've been really lucky, since week 6 our baby has pretty much slept through the night. For the last 3+ months she's sleeping from 7-9pm to about 7am. We're counting our blessings as I'm sure the next baby will be the complete opposite.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
We put Noah on a feeding schedule when he was two weeks old, he was sleeping through the night at 10 weeks old and since then has only not slept through the night 4 times. He's 18 months old now and sleeps 12 hours a night............he's a good kid.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
PonySoldier said:
Right when both of ours started sleeping through the night...I had no idea we were so lucky..
:stupid:

Right now my wife gets pretty much uninterrupted sleep from 10:00 pm until 7:30 am almost every day.

Now if I could figure out how to get out of the 5:45 wakeup to go to work. :mumble:

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Get 'em all loaded up with Robitussin. Give the kid a shot or two and finish the rest of the bottle yourself. The kid wil sleep like, well, like a baby, and you'll get to see some pretty cool hallucinations.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:
Jeezus, dude. And to think I complain when the one year old wakes up for a bottle at 4:30 every now and again. :dead:

yeah, it was a nightmare...miles pretty much started sleeping through the night a couple months before otis was born (he was two), but that meant that my wife didn't sleep much because she was 8 months pregnant...so she basically went 6 years with sleep interruptions.

i won't say that we weren't at fault too in regards to the sleep pattersn, but otis certainly didn't make it easy. i was always jealous of people whose kids were good sleepers pretty much right out of the starting gate.

J

JRB

You should spend the night sharing a room with a 9 month old with RSV, who's parents left her there for the nurses to tend to. That is frustrating.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
X was sleeping through the night by 3 months. In fact, she never took naps, went to bed easily and slept 12 hours or more sometimes.

We hid this information from our other friends who had kids.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
We've recently cut our 2 year-old back to a 1.5 hour nap....down from 2 hour. She has gone without a nap completely a few times with very little ill-effect. Naps for her are on the way out....gradually of course.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
BillT said:
We've been really lucky, since week 6 our baby has pretty much slept through the night. For the last 3+ months she's sleeping from 7-9pm to about 7am. We're counting our blessings as I'm sure the next baby will be the complete opposite.
There's hope. Our first daughter was sleeping through the night (9/10pm - 6/7am) by the time she was 2 months old. Our second, who is now 2.5 months old has been doing the same for almost 2 weeks now.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
MMike said:
We've recently cut our 2 year-old back to a 1.5 hour nap....down from 2 hour. She has gone without a nap completely a few times with very little ill-effect. Naps for her are on the way out....gradually of course.
Our 3 yo still naps pretty well. The 4-1/2 year old still is required to go up to his room for at least an hour, whether he sleeps or not. Although when he doesn't sleep he gets pretty surly later in the day. :D

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
They might have 3 other kids at home. :dead:

Or they just might not care. :mad:
There is a father and a mother, so I can't imagine how there is NO ONE that can be at the hospital. At noon they hadn't been back. :mumble:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
loco said:
There is a father and a mother, so I can't imagine how there is NO ONE that can be at the hospital. At noon they hadn't been back. :mumble:
Give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he can't leave his job. Maybe this is routine for them.

Maybe they're down the street at the bar getting liquored and playing pool. :D

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he can't leave his job. Maybe this is routine for them.

Maybe they're down the street at the bar getting liquored and playing pool. :D
This sounds like I know way too much, but the father was apparently fired for spending too much time away from work, but he didn't work at night anyway. I am giving them the benefit, but they certainly should have been there by now. I can't imagine what would keep both parents away.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Hardcore drugs?
It'd have to be. It makes me a little madder than the mom that would sneak out for a smoke the day her baby was born. :mumble:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
It'd have to be. It makes me a little madder than the mom that would sneak out for a smoke the day her baby was born. :mumble:
Is this your first kid?

Welcome to a world where for the rest of your life you will see many, many terrible parents you never noticed before.

Wait till you go to a public playground for the first time. :dead:

J

JRB

H8R said:
Is this your first kid?

Welcome to a world where for the rest of your life you will see many, many terrible parents you never noticed before.

Wait till you go to a public playground for the first time. :dead:
Yes - I was afraid someone would point that out.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
Yes - I was afraid someone would point that out.
No worries, if you are in disbelief at the way other parents deal with their kids it means you're doing a good job.