Quantcast

>>>Back at the Grindstone GMT<<<

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I would very much like to go outside and ride some bikes in the woods today. I need my perspective altered in a positive way. Bikes are good for that.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful day out there.....a day which will be soured for at least the next hour while our Monday staff meeting makes me want to claw my eyes out....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Another weekend of no riding. House is 95% of the way ready for the showings this upcoming weekend, and a goodly way towards being packed up and ready to go. Trying my hardest to stay engaged at work, but damn it's tough...

Buddy whose wedding is in 3 weeks also flipped the script and asked me to get a different suit from the one the other groomsmen and I already have. When you say get a black suit, don't bitch when we get black suits that have a little bit of texture to them.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Decided it was time for lil Man to hit the BMX track. Before anyone got a phone out he ran to the start and dropped in. Just hear "Yaaaaaaaaa" as he goes flying around the first burm. Bman and I are yelling"PEDAL!!!" and he doesn't have enough speed to make it up the triple jump. He tried a dozen times and just kept losing his pedals before the hill.

Not to be defeated we worked on his pedal and foot placement at the house and went back Sunday. Epic, just epic to see him bomb the downhill start fearless.

I will post a couple cute videos tonight. To end the day he was standing and pedaling back to the truck. As soon as he can stand up clean, it's over.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
...aaaaaaand just like that seasonal allergies are on 11. Still in a benadryl fog. Taking a homeopathic remedy with belladonna in it. I think the belladonna is making my visions during my meditation more intense. Not sure if I like it though.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'm no terribly worried yet, just one more iron in the fire. Looking at an extra 75 bucks for the "expediting" process. I figure we owe the "stupid tax" and don't really have a problem paying it as long as we actually get her passport in time.
Not sure how much time you have, or where the closest Federal building is to you, but I got my passport the day before I left for Canada, so it's possible if need be. I burned an entire day at a government facility though....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Had a long 10 day weekend. Spent all of it working 12h a day reading scripts. My brain is melting. Have to take a day off to prepare for a work trip because I have so little time. At least my trainers are back in Warsaw so my body can catch up to my brain and also feel horrible.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Beauty sunshine-y day out. not even complaining about being at work.

Will have to bike out to a post office at lunch, I managed to sell my brand-new, never mounted 26" Minion SS DD for only a 50% loss... :rant: fucking lizards :butcher:

On the bright side, lights were timed perfectly this morning, and I made it in 9:11 without really hammering. With a tire change (to slicks), and a bit of luck with lights, and a bit of hard pedal pushing, I'll be getting sub-9 pretty soon.

Still buzzing from taking both boys out riding last night (there's a few pics in the "post a pic of your ride" thread). I'm still astounded by how much of a trooper my youngest is. He didn't complain once. not once. even when it was legit. towards the end of the ride, he was getting tired and getting bounced around a lot (he's on a single speed fully rigid Commençal with 16" wheels). He hasn't mastered the standing pedal yet (which is normal, this was his second time out riding trails - first time this year - and he only graduated from the Strider last October). Anyways, towards the end of the ride, he's clearly tired and can't make it up and over a root ball and tips over. He kinda grunted and kicked the bike off himself. that was it. Meanwhile, his big brother is off in the distance, out of sight, but I can still hear him screaming and whining about having to wait for us... and complaining the (almost) the whole time (but in fairness to him, once he realised we were slower, he took the time to stop and explore and look around, which was pretty cool to see him discover his surroundings). Overall it was a great success. We hit the Dairy Queen on the way home to celebrate our first outing...

Wife will be out of town Friday to Wednesday this week. Have lined up two ride nights this week, and will try and book a sitter for a few hours on the weekend.

We're also negotiating whether she's comfortable letting the youngest ride to school. There's 4 blocks from our house to the bike path, and another 5 blocks from the path to the school that are on a steep hill. She's worried he's not ready to ride down the hill yet, and there's pretty heavy traffic for a couple of blocks from our place. I think he'll fine, she's totally petrified. I've gotten her to agree to try it out tomorrow, all four of us together. We'll see how this goes.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Orlando makes me wake up all sweaty and sticky. Gross.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm no terribly worried yet, just one more iron in the fire. Looking at an extra 75 bucks for the "expediting" process. I figure we owe the "stupid tax" and don't really have a problem paying it as long as we actually get her passport in time.
this reminds me, my passport is currently MIA. not that i need it anytime soon. Just OCD.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

Panic mode in the house. Woman-childs passport has expired. Have 3 weeks +/- to replace it.
You need to just suck it up and pay for expediter to handle it. Snowball's chance in hell that you will get a new one within time. Ask me how I know this...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Gotta take an important career test in about 35 minutes... Should be fun.
Don't worry - it's not that important.

:D

You need to just suck it up and pay for expediter to handle it. Snowball's chance in hell that you will get a new one within time. Ask me how I know this...
Interesting - my wife recently renewed the "slow" way and it took less than a week, IIRC.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Also here. Baby is still up coughing all night a mucous drain meaning it seems to never stop. Lots of studying yesterday but still behind where I need to be. M started up happy and sounding clean this morning. Power is more responsive as well. Clean guts ftw.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Also here. Baby is still up coughing all night a mucous drain meaning it seems to never stop. Lots of studying yesterday but still behind where I need to be. M started up happy and sounding clean this morning. Power is more responsive as well. Clean guts ftw.
So what the the consensus on which products to use for what symptoms? I'd like to "refresh" all of our vehicles, but don't want to start pouring snake-oil into various orifices in our old-ass cars.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sweet. $149.99 for replacement shoes, price matched down to $119.99 and then a $30 off coupon applied.

Only downside is having to drive into Toronto to pick them up. :twitch:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So what the the consensus on which products to use for what symptoms? I'd like to "refresh" all of our vehicles, but don't want to start pouring snake-oil into various orifices in our old-ass cars.
Techron for fuel system and compression side - injectors primarily.
Seafoam (it's actually called that) to clean valves and the lubrication side of the system. Use this about a hundred miles before your oil change, as you just want it to clean shit up then get it out. I might end up doing a second run through as well but my oil is stupid expensive (0w-60 is $120 for 6 quarts) so I'll probably wait until my winter change.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Techron for fuel system and compression side - injectors primarily.
Seafoam (it's actually called that) to clean valves and the lubrication side of the system. Use this about a hundred miles before your oil change, as you just want it to clean shit up then get it out. I might end up doing a second run through as well but my oil is stupid expensive (0w-60 is $120 for 6 quarts) so I'll probably wait until my winter change.
Thank you, sir! I'm going to do this, as I have a couple vehicles close/at oil-change time.