Quantcast

>>>Back at the Grindstone GMT<<<

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My old RX-8 would shit the bed if not run hard and put away wet. If running for only a short while the actual procedure for turning off the engine was to hold it at 3k for 10 sec then turning off abruptly.

Shitty engineering there. (Despite doing that to the letter I flooded it once. New plugs, ECU, starter, battery under warranty.)

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I’m at a series of short presentations. First two were ok, meta presentations on how to do good presentations.

The current pair of speakers are awful. Reading off long, verbose slides. Text illegible over pictures. Boring speaking style. No, no, no.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Rode some bikes this weekend.

SB100 is legit. Like a 5010 on meth. The most snappy fun speed machine I've ever ridden. I want one so bad now.

SB5 is way better than SB5.5, thanks 27.5" wheels!

Transition Scout is a trail slaying machine. It hooks up unreasonably well in the corners and is super stable when drifting through dusty corners. Guess that SBG stuff is working out.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Is "Orlando" a new synonym for "mild obesity"?
Here for the week. Attending conference two days, two days at Disney. Mariko has figured out the ruse but it’s still a secret to Yuna.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
do you have a golf cart at least? that way they'll think you're a local
Oddly at Thai last night all but one groups who came in to eat or take out were British. The others were maybe German? At this resort everyone is non-Floridian, as we are a bunch of radiologists from the US and Canada.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
does not compute
I will quote an often repeated phrase by local libertarians "...but if you don't like it you can always change your job. There is no reason to regulate business owners and the workforce".

Well that plus this year the industry simply went full moron. TV Convention in April was later, US Cinema Con was also later so everyone started sending Cannes business offers later (It's an email with a script and some badly formated PDFs so too much work to do while doing other shit) and the Cannes film festival and the market attached to it starts one week earlier this year. That means the window between the first scripts are sent to my company and the time I need to send buying recommendations is halved. 30 100+ page scripts in 7 days + looking through a ton of offers (300-500 mails/day) + checking if there is anything we didn't get offered but is worth going after. Yaaay.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
here’s my only one from today’s classic pisgah gnur...DAMMIT 5-10
Are your toes in tact?:busted:

One of my toes from my shoe ripping adventure yesterday is turning a nice shade of purple and blue; blurple if you will. Pretty sure the toe nail is going to abort itself.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Are your toes in tact?:busted:

One of my toes from my shoe ripping adventure yesterday is turning a nice shade of purple and blue; blurple if you will. Pretty sure the toe nail is going to abort itself.
yeah...although it was the same foot i broke half of the big toenail off of over the weekend. we were riding down a steep, chundery trail and i felt a breeze on my foot and a weird feeling like my foot was lifting off the pedal-glanced down and was like “wtf???”...dropped my heels a bit and hung on until the bottom :D

this trail-wilsons classic. fun starts around 7:30; my shoe fell apart somewhere around 11:30...can’t tell how steep it is from the vid-just judge by how fast ‘ol phil is going: