Quantcast

back in cortinaville

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
must be the season for new bikes... haven't gotten much of a ride on it yet, went out to ballston for a bit last night, but my arms were exhausted from 350 miles of twisties on the motorcycle... maybe vans on tuesday?

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
a somewhat similar frame i was looking at was the banshee scratch... anyone has info on those? So i'm guessing Cortina did good on their warranty? how was the cust. service?

Christian -

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Originally posted by Shortbus
a somewhat similar frame i was looking at was the banshee scratch... anyone has info on those? So i'm guessing Cortina did good on their warranty? how was the cust. service?

Christian -
Cortina has excellent customer service - your email usually gets answered by one of the Cortina brothers themselves - they are riders, racers, and they build their own frames. They are priced great and made in the US, not Taiwan. They also don't have a 100 silly features or gussetts.

Also, they do things like offer to give you new stickers if you get your frame repainted - some other brands might charge you as much as $60 just for new frame stickers :eek:

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
customer service was good. i dealt with daniel cortina the whole time.

like 99% of all bike companies out there, they pulled the whole "it'll be ready this friday" and it didn't get shipped until a week later. but it seems like every bike co does that these days.

having updated info or color choices on their website would have helped out a bunch

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
Originally posted by syadasti
Cortina has excellent customer service - your email usually gets answered by one of the Cortina brothers themselves - they are riders, racers, and they build their own frames. They are priced great and made in the US, not Taiwan. They also don't have a 100 silly features or gussetts.
speaking of silly features and gussets my letoy is still for sale...

anyways since you broke the first one so quickly why'd you get another one?

and why do you havea 26" rear and 24" front?

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by shifty S

anyways since you broke the first one so quickly why'd you get another one?

and why do you havea 26" rear and 24" front?
I'm assuming he got it replaced under warranty???

And yeah that 24 front on a 26 rear is definitely ODD :D

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
weird camera angle... here's a better one.

got another cortina because:

1) i really like the geometry and the feel.
2) the new generation of frames are built from bombproof straight gauge tubing, unlike the one i broke that was double butted.
3) where else could i have gotten a brand new frame for $250 (crash replacement price)?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Originally posted by Shortbus
the cortinas have one heck of a slack head angle!
Its call the 4130 DS - That geometry is perfect for DS/MTX...

Also works great for trails or FR...

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Originally posted by rideLIKEjehu
dammit. all my pix suck. it's only a 69 degree head angle.
mira al gringo fabuloso esta hablando de 69 y otras cosas que hace con su bicyleta. parece que le gusta mucho esta bicycleta...
jejejeje!