Quantcast

Back in (flat) black. and lookin good too!

J

JRB

Smelly said:
good catch. see my previous post for my opinion.
easy on the haterade, holmes. if a 16 year old with mediocre spelling skills on the internet pisses you off, your skin is a little too thin.
And if me picking on him pisses you off, you have no skin.

*edit - you may have also missed how I try to give the little guy good advice. I don't think mack minds too much. If he did, he could PM me and ask me to stop.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dh girlie said:
Wranglers...he wears Wranglers...tight ones that give him camel toe
Bwahahaha! And the big belt buckle! Don't forget the belt buckle.

Dang, People are really getting down on the kid for spray painting his frame. Geez, you ack like he went to your house and painted YOUR frame!
I think it looks cool. Especially if he likes it. And as for krylon paint jobs looking bad...

I don't care what you think about the color... that's not the point. The point is that done right, a rattle can paint job can look pretty dang good.

AND... I painted the fork lowers...

Right on mack :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dh girlie said:
I love your pink bike...it's just lovely!
That's the only reason I post it. I love getting compliments! :D

I think you have more love for that frame than I do! I should just send it to you. ;)

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
loco said:
loco said:
Not really. I'm standing up for the kid. You're the one getting your rocks off by picking on someone half your age.
True, the kid could use some help with spelling and grammar, and he's undoubtedly improved. I just think there's a better way to help him than calling him a dumb ass twice a day. But hey, that's between you two lovebirds.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco said:
<snip>*edit - you may have also missed how I try to give the little guy good advice. I don't think mack minds too much. If he did, he could PM me and ask me to stop.
He doesn't mind. He likes it. He's doing all this $hit on purpose for the attention...... :mumble:

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Smelly said:
loco said:
loco said:
Not really. I'm standing up for the kid. You're the one getting your rocks off by picking on someone half your age.
True, the kid could use some help with spelling and grammar, and he's undoubtedly improved. I just think there's a better way to help him than calling him a dumb ass twice a day
Good Lord. He doesn't need someone to "stand up for him" - he's a big boy and I suspect doing it on purpose. :rolleyes: You should lurk a bit more.......

-S.S.-

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Ciaran said:
Dang, People are really getting down on the kid for spray painting his frame. Geez, you ack like he went to your house and painted YOUR frame!
I think it looks cool. Especially if he likes it. And as for krylon paint jobs looking bad...

Right on mack :thumb:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
The only thing I would be concerned about with spray painting a frame is the durability of the paint. I spray painted a bmx frame when I was a kid. A mongoose I think. I sanded it down really well and put on several coats of paint. Within a few weeks it was all scratched up and looked like cr*p.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
pixelninja said:
The only thing I would be concerned about with spray painting a frame is the durability of the paint. I spray painted a bmx frame when I was a kid. A mongoose I think. I sanded it down really well and put on several coats of paint. Within a few weeks it was all scratched up and looked like cr*p.
Did you put on a nice thick coat of clear urethane? Or at least a nice really thick coat of clear acrylic? That's part of the reason why it scratched up so easily. Also, it's a bike, you ride it, it gets dirty and scratched. Think of them as scars for your bike. And as we all know... chicks dig scars.

It takes me about 4 days to prime and paint the base color... let dry a week, sand, and shoot with clear... then you let it CURE. you can't paint one day and ride the next and expect it to stay looking good.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Ciaran said:
Did you put on a nice thick coat of clear urethane? Or at least a nice really thick coat of clear acrylic? That's part of the reason why it scratched up so easily.
No, and I'm sure that was a big part of my problem.

But I'd bet that even with a coat of urethane, its still not going to be as tough as powdercoating.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
SkaredShtles said:
He doesn't mind. He likes it. He's doing all this $hit on purpose for the attention...... :mumble:

-S.S.-
:rolleyes:

If my frame is still on warranty then how come i just paid 100 bucks for a new bearing kit?

J

JRB

mack said:
:rolleyes:

If my frame is still on warranty then how come i just paid 100 bucks for a new bearing kit?
Bearings are not warranty items. They wear.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Ciaran said:
Did you put on a nice thick coat of clear urethane? Or at least a nice really thick coat of clear acrylic? That's part of the reason why it scratched up so easily. Also, it's a bike, you ride it, it gets dirty and scratched. Think of them as scars for your bike. And as we all know... chicks dig scars.

It takes me about 4 days to prime and paint the base color... let dry a week, sand, and shoot with clear... then you let it CURE. you can't paint one day and ride the next and expect it to stay looking good.
Woah!

Was i supposed to prime this paint? Oops. Will it flake off. What kind of acyrilic should i out on it?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
pixelninja said:
But I'd bet that even with a coat of urethane, its still not going to be as tough as powdercoating.
No, it will not be as tough as powdercoating. But then what paint job is?