Quantcast

Back in the Saddle again at Night !

splat

Nam I am
So after a couple of weeks with out riding in the woods because of Snow. Berkshire_rider and my self decided to give Vietnam a try ! Well there were some place is was Hike a Bike , other were toally clear of snow , and lots of Mix , there were some trail that were rivers of water , al Told it was HARD!!! But I'm glad we did it , a couple nights of Freezing temps should make it nice for the weekend riding . Under the power lines for the most part was clear, the Side trails could be pretty much 3 - 4 inhes of Pack snow.

in places going down hill was a lot of Pedalling work!

it seamed off of the trails in the woods had less snow than was on the trail .

Here Berkshire_rider is working hard on a flat.

We rode through the Rock Vise , which with the 6 inches of snow in it actaully made it a little easier , that said , I still did not make it through , but I made it farther than usual.

and finally, Playing on one of the rocks under the power lines .

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
More snow in those pics than I would expect to see, given the warm weather and all the rain we've had lately.

I think for Monday (if the weather holds up), we should consider Cockaponset or Westwoods, both by the CT shoreline.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
you guys are riding on Monday? Have a blast. I'll be hanging with my sons on Friday. Maybe doing a little riding with them. maybe we'll get Connor up and pedaling without training wheels this weekend!

J

JRB

splat said:
that was a problem it was too warm! it was about 36 Degrees , had it been colder ( like it is now at 28 ) the Snow, ground and water would have been firmmer.
There is never snow here, but the mid 30s are the worst to ride in. If you dress warmly, you bake. If you don't, you freeze.