Quantcast

Back in the Saddle again...

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Well it has been a while, I but I would have to say I am back... I plan to be back for a while and do lots of good rides.

For those that do not know me I blew my knee out in June of 06 and got my knee rebuilt in Oct 06. New ACL thanks to a donor achylies tendon in place of my ACL. Had my MCL and PCL fixed while they were in there and the cartilage fixed itself over time. My scar tissue recently broke up and my knee has been feeling good.

My friend Brett invited me out to a shuttle day and DAMN did I have a good time. Got to ride with the old friends I used to ride with pre-injury. I am still sore from this weekend but my sh*t-eating grin is still intact.

All my old stuff went on CL this week as did anything I did not think I needed around the house and, well made the mistake of walking into a bike shop today. I now have a new ride sitting in the kitchen (so I can keep staring at it not believing its mine) and I look forward to getting out and ripping it up again. I will not be riding the new bike for a few weeks till I get a few more things sold to pay for it but that will not take long with the motivation of wanting to ride it SOOO bad.

Its not the best bike in the world but it was only slightly out of my price range and should serve me very very well. I got one hell of a deal on it and compared to the old crappy gear I was riding this thing is like a Bentley. Hope to see you all out at seatac and on trails soon!!!

If you see my crash please don't throw to much at me while I am picking myself up :busted:

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
what thats a SWEET ride you got there money all it really needs is a pimp ass fork to go with it. tha maniopoo has to go my friend but it will work for now. for the rest of your ride its pretty money my friend:rockout::drool::beerjam::thumb:

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
HAHA thanks Ted! The fork is not my favorite part on the bike but given what I paid I A> am very ok with that fork B> will not be buying any major parts for another year C> Will be catching my skills up to my equipment most of the summer.

Hell its better then the Junior T :) and its a frame that should last a few years and can get a new fork down the line. For under 2G's I really can't go wrong with the parts that were on this bike.

I will be by the shop sometime this week to pick up a few random parts needed for my hardtail

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Nope no fluidride. I went to "wallmart" for this one but they were able to make the deal happen as I didn't have all the funds just yet this week.

Good seeing you out there too Andy, I had a blast and can't wait to be out there again.