Quantcast

Back on the bike!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
After a 3 month hiatus due to a broken collarbone, I was finally able to get back on the bike this weekend! I rode Thursday night, Saturday and Sunday.

Thursday night I actually crashed hard – confirming that the collarbone fracture was completely healed… so it was on for the weekend!!!

No pictures from our Laguna Ride… I was a bit nervous about getting back on the bike and hitting the shuttles so I left the camera in the car. After 2 Teleonics runs I called it good (man am I weak now!!!) and decided to do some climbing… I have drunk WAY too much beer over the past 3 months!!!

Anyway – Sunday was San Juan… some great twisty fast single track that has little ups and downs all along it, followed by a moderate climb up to ‘cocktail rock’ where we rested a bit. Then 5 mins of pedaling before you hit the very fast and fun downhill section. Tons of switchbacks, a few mini-wall rides, and a couple decent natural jumps made it an absolutely perfect trail for me to get back into it! Plus the great weather helped too…

Didn’t take a lot of pictures b/c I was having so much fun… but I did get a couple:
Loading up!

The crew: -BB-, Kyle, Rob (-BB-‘s buddy form North Carolina), and Dave

Trail shots:

Resting at ‘Cocktail Rock’(I’m on the right – red faced…):

The view:

Armoring up:

Last switchback before the parking lot:

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Congrats bro, good to see people getting back on the bike. I wish i could get back on allready, instead i am limited to feeling frustrated and watching every MTB video that i own like a fiend. Hope the first ride kicked ass.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
looks like you guy's had a great time!! Yeah I just got back on my bike this weekend, after not riding for a lil over a month. It was great!

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
merrrrjig said:
havent been on my bike for a while either, but just cuz im lazy, funny though I rode san juan on sat. and laguna on sunday!
Too bad - you missed the crowds... :rolleyes: There must have been 4 or 5 groups out there that ranged from 2 guys up to 7. It was actually pretty silly.

However it wasn't too bad - slower guys were quick to get out of the way, and everyone was very freindly.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Absolutely - especially since I live around the corner from it now!

BTW - First weekend in December I'll be in San Diego for work... if my schedule allows it, maybe you can show me around. I'll PM ya when the time gets closer...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Slugman said:
Absolutely - especially since I live around the corner from it now!

BTW - First weekend in December I'll be in San Diego for work... if my schedule allows it, maybe you can show me around. I'll PM ya when the time gets closer...
definitely....D