Quantcast

$$$Back to a week of work Monday GMT$$$

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
My weekend consisted of an unplanned Washington DC to Chicago and back round trip driving non-stop. JetBlue couldn't move people who had tickets for Saturday until today because of a storm that happened last Wednesday. So the boy had to be back at Great Lakes before his leave expired Sunday so we drove him. For the midwest to brag about how tought they are with winter weather, they do a sh!tty job of working their roads during a snow. But I did get Skyline chili, so it was a plus.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I predict more slowness at work.

Went for a ride yesterday and bent my derailleur hanger again. Time to replace it. I also got a flat.

Ooooooooweeeee! What's up with that?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Conference call today with a computer aided diagnosis software company. We're putting out feelers as to whether they'd want to commercialize (i.e. pay me directly) my liver tumor reporting software.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tired. Haley was inconsistently sleeping last night, so I went in to hold her to get her to sleep. I ended up sleeping on a very uncomfortable chair with her on my shoulder. My neck is killing me. That makes for a total of 9hrs of sleep over two days, including one day snowboarding. Exhausted.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I try so hard to not lose my sh!t at work, but sometimes the level of stupidity is deafening. Here is the situation...

Months ago, I was tasked to test a new piece of hardware. No hardware yet, but we had some specs. Then about a month ago, I get said hardware with the software sort of supporting it.

I asked about testing control inputs and if we typically did it with actual hardware, or if there was another means. I was told there was hardware, somewhere. Turns out, we don't use hardware, we have cool test boards to do control input/output tests. It would have been nice if someone would have told me when I asked. Where can I get one? "We will send you a couple", nice.

They come, but not addressed to me, they were in a box sent with some other stuff to a guy who is on vacation. I find out it's been in his office for more than a week while I've been asking where the f@ck it was. So my boss gets the test boards from the box in homeboys office.

Yay, test boards. But no cables? (This was last Friday). Boss says, we typically make our own cables. That's fine, but why didn't someone tell me this 2 weeks ago while I waited for the boards. Friday spent making cables.

This morning, I am finishing up my cables when homeboy back from vacation says "There were 2 boxes with bosses name on it, but one is missing". I tell him I got one box, but not the other. Guess what's in the other box? Cables!

So now I have everything I need and it only took 3 months. And to think if everything would have been in 1 box, I might have had work to do 3 months ago.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

I try so hard to not lose my sh!t at work, but sometimes the level of stupidity is deafening. Here is the situation...

Months ago, I was tasked to test a new piece of hardware. No hardware yet, but we had some specs. Then about a month ago, I get said hardware with the software sort of supporting it.

I asked about testing control inputs and if we typically did it with actual hardware, or if there was another means. I was told there was hardware, somewhere. Turns out, we don't use hardware, we have cool test boards to do control input/output tests. It would have been nice if someone would have told me when I asked. Where can I get one? "We will send you a couple", nice.

They come, but not addressed to me, they were in a box sent with some other stuff to a guy who is on vacation. I find out it's been in his office for more than a week while I've been asking where the f@ck it was. So my boss gets the test boards from the box in homeboys office.

Yay, test boards. But no cables? (This was last Friday). Boss says, we typically make our own cables. That's fine, but why didn't someone tell me this 2 weeks ago while I waited for the boards. Friday spent making cables.

This morning, I am finishing up my cables when homeboy back from vacation says "There were 2 boxes with bosses name on it, but one is missing". I tell him I got one box, but not the other. Guess what's in the other box? Cables!

So now I have everything I need and it only took 3 months. And to think if everything would have been in 1 box, I might have had work to do 3 months ago.
try it now

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

<snip>

So you're new to corporate America? :confused: