Quantcast

back to back 100's

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Well it didn’t happen because of back to back 100 degree weather. Last year we got a break from the heat with overcast skies and a brief rain storm. This year no such luck.
Saturday I started out ok but the temp was already 85 when we start and quickly got to 98 + heat index over 105. So before my 7th lap I decided to bag on the ride and live to ride another day. Oh and all the people who started with me already packed up and went home.
Sunday was way better. I got up without setting my alarm clock so I decided to give it another shot. I started an hour earlier. This trial is very easy. Theres no hills and it buttery smooth it’s a totally rodie course but is a little twisty. I spent the whole ride in a comfortable zone and was pretty surprised after Saturdays ride. I ended up only doing 50 miles but stopped just because of the heat I felt strong enough to keep going had I really needed too.
Here are the numbers:
Saturday
9.4 avg
51 miles
5:22:24 saddle time
6:13 lapsed
4153 k/cals burnt
159 hr avg

Sunday
10.7 avg
48 miles
4:26:44 saddle time
4:56:39 lapsed
2785 k/cals burnt
143 hr avg

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Thats too bad about the heat - stressing yourself in high temps a few weeks before a big race is never a good idea. I don't like the heat - that's why I live on the coast.

I took advantage of the weekend by doing nothing but a kayak race. Three days off the bike felt very good on todays ride.