Quantcast

back to flat pedals

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I came to the conclusion that my death was awaiting me with clipless. And i was faster with flats. CLips can be better in some races but i like to be able to drop my foot in turns

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I came to the conclusion that my death was awaiting me with clipless. And i was faster with flats. CLips can be better in some races but i like to be able to drop my foot in turns
Hmm an entire topic on your personal opinion, looks like i haven't missed much in the Diablo forum over the past couple of weeks in the offseason.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
Sam Hill rides flat pedals like he is clipped in. He doesn't drop his foot in turns unless he laying down some massive drifts for videos. During races he looks like he is clipped in and fast as hell.
Thanks for telling us you're really helpful.

dhsean

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
Thanks for telling us you're really helpful.
Thanks for adding your 2 cents, it was really helpful. Like this forum has anybody posting anything relevant. I get bored and post and then get pounced on, NICE!

Watch video of Sam Hill riding and learn something. Flats or clips don't make a difference, its up to rider preference. Neither is faster than the other. Did this help?

Happy New Year! :clapping:

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
seems as it's all preference, I'll add a couple cents. I think I'm gonna start dirt jumping, downhilling, riding trials, and doing park in clips and riding flats for XC and commuting. Clips are only legal if your wearing spandex, anything else just let it all hang out, be a man and ride the flats.:imstupid:

mtb1989

Chimp
Apr 22, 2007
ive seen riders who have clips stick their feet out in turns and then clip right back in at the end of the turn. in fact the cover of decline mag with bryn atkinson... his foot is unclipped in the turn.