~<>~Back to it Thursday~<>~

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
it's a cave tour, not an abandonment.
oh shit, my bad
I would have viewed it as an opportunity when my kids were 7, 6, and 4. :homer:

remember the ones that went over the head?
One of my HS buddies had some ski "goggles" that were like that. Holy shit did he look like a complete tool wearing those things... :rofl:

I used to wear Oakley blades and Killer loops, now the kids are wearing the equivalent and I was told I could sell mine as is on flea bay for big money.
:p

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

I was traffic this morning coming down from the mountains. actually not much traffic save for past Idaho Springs towards the Veterans Memorial Tunnel where they closed a lane. recycle run and Costco mini run (SUP return, muffins + apple strudel at kids' request) accomplished.

I have a cardiology appointment at 3 and then am working 4 - 10 PM from home. I have a feeling I won't be back home by 4. and that'll be ok.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mystery debit transaction from the bank account to Amazon Prime.

That's a good way to start my Thursday. :rolleyes: :mad:
Got debit card cancelled and a new one issued. Mystery charge will be reversed, according to the CS representative. Kinda glad I caught it before they tried to empty my bank account. :disgust:

Strange part is that I've only used that debit card 3 times in the last 10 years.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Derp

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Looks like we're going to get skunked on riding in Minnesota on the way through tomorrow. That means a deliberate trip required in the future.
Screenshot_20240620_183008_The Weather Channel.jpg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Derp

Rode teh Unridabru bike from Casa de Squeeb to and then up Cheyenne Canyon to do the Buckhorn/Jacks/Chutes loop.

Earlier this week the city opened two "new" trails in the canyon. I use quotes because one of the trails, Captain Morgans has existed for years as a "social trail". Morgans was always a bit rowdy for my tastes unless condition were really good. I haven't ridden the new erosion friendly version yet, but I did ride under where the city built a pretty robust bridge and drop across the other new trail, which is just an extension across Gold Camp road of Ladders. Not sure I understand what the point of the Ladders extension was, except to possibly get riders off of Gold Camp, which can be kind of a dicey ride in the summer, especially in the one lane tunnels. Definitely more climbing on Ladders, it only goes over tunnel 1, and then drops you way back down below the road to connect with Mid Columbine trail where you'd just have to reclimb back up to the Gold Camp parking lot. Seems like a lot of work and money spent to accomplish ????? The other questionable thing it does is cross Jacks at one of the fastest descents on Jacks, with not a lot of visibility. Someone will inevitably get hurt in that intersection.

Nobody was riding it yesterday.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Freaking longest day of the year and the goods are still muddy and snowy, I really need to move to an equatorial mountain range...
IMG_20240620_190033554_HDR_copy_1536x2048.jpg

Last one on the river put-in at 6:20 (calm before the weekend storm) on the longest day of the year I should be good to ride my bike back to the car in the light til 10:00

We had a really late freeze last June which killed all the mosquitoes so I think they remembered that and are pissed off mother fucking blood suckers
IMG_20240620_182549913_HDR_copy_1536x2048.jpg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Trying to solder up some components for a job tomorrow. Going to do a bit of traveling, down to Hood River and then back through Grandview and Sunnyside.

Cherry harvest is full tilt. I'm going to try and snag a bucket of those suckers at a warehouse.

Pulled the trigger on a Ford Maverick today. All gas awd XL trim w/ 4k tow package. They had to find it in Oregon. I can't wait to get out of the f150 and into something smaller.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
cool truck, that. seems right sized for many.

too bad they force the choice of AWD or hybrid, just like on my wife’s Pacifica

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
cool truck, that. seems right sized for many.

too bad they force the choice of AWD or hybrid, just like on my wife’s Pacifica
Yeah this little truck should be light years ahead of the f150 in the role it's needed. I'll find a canopy for it. No more sleeping in the back of my truck during road trips.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
OK, how did you get it back, or does that best remain unsaid?
Friend found it on Facebook marketplace. He went and took it for a test ride me. He reported back to me, and I called the Sheriff. I staked out the joint and watched the recovery and arrest. Took possession in her driveway. Mother of 4 and a Nurse at the Local Hospital. Kids watched their mom get arrested. Only charged with possession of stolen property and possession of a Controlled Substance. The Boyfriend tried to Bribe the cop and me. The add from Facebook was deleted before the Deputy could make a copy. It doesn't matter.