Quantcast

~~~Back to work GMT~~~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Had a nice weekend home with BigT. Didn't do much, mostly just sat around and vegged. Did a weights workout on Sunday, and my legs are still sore from the warmup we did.

Today is a sucky day, as I have to actually work for a full 8 hours today, AND wear long pants.

Be safe out there.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning, welcome to second Monday. Thankfully, a 3 day week for me, I'm off this Friday. Follow up from cardiology stress test tomorrow, probably the day I will be assigned pills the rest of my life.

Only did one ride this past weekend, but it was quality. Did accomplish 2 new flower beds, constructing a rain barrel system and building a grape arbor.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Tuesday! "Back to work"? I've worked the last two days ffs completing a system upgrade. Three day weekend my ass. I'm looking forwarded to seeing how I'll be rewarded by The Company for working all weekend. Rumor has it comp time will be coming my way (same goes for the rest of the team). At the very least, I worked an abbreviated day yesterday and won't get charged holiday time, so that's one more day I can use another time. Cool story bro?

In spite of my weekend being ruined by worked (and a stomach bug), I still managed a 55 mile hilly-as-heck road ride Saturday (3500 feet of climbing) with Wife, and did a 7 mile run Sunday.

Ok then.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i fell asleep twice while watching the tree of life.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
10 days off might have been too much. I am confused and skittish in this fast moving office environment.

Prolly need to stay off the bikes for a day anyway. Feeling beat.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Happy Tuesday! "Back to work"? I've worked the last two days ffs completing a system upgrade. Three day weekend my ass. I'm looking forwarded to seeing how I'll be rewarded by The Company for working all weekend. Rumor has it comp time will be coming my way (same goes for the rest of the team). At the very least, I worked an abbreviated day yesterday and won't get charged holiday time, so that's one more day I can use another time. Cool story bro?

In spite of my weekend being ruined by worked (and a stomach bug), I still managed a 55 mile hilly-as-heck road ride Saturday (3500 feet of climbing) with Wife, and did a 7 mile run Sunday.

Ok then.

You are complaining about having to work while crapping yourself? You should be thankful for the free toilet paper and opportunity to take time off when there is little risk of crapping your pants.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So I have a neighbor..... well I have a new neighbor building a house on what was a vacant lot in front of my house. He's been building the house for a month or so now. So far he's asked me if he can drive his well drilling rig through my property and then 3 weeks ago he asked if he can borrow my electric for his plumber to use who didn't have a generator. Yesterday I figured he was finally done with it so I pulled in the cord put it in my garage. At 8:30pm while we were putting the kids to bed I find him wandering around my house and he sees me in my basement and motions for me to come up stairs. Meanwhile my wife is showering, the kids are going to bed and this guys is wandering around my house. So I go to the front door and he asks if he can continue using my electric. I give him all the subtle hints that I don't want him to use it anymore but he doesn't get it. So of course me being the softy that I am I let him use it. I'm kicking myself for not stopping this sooner. Tonight I'm going to cut him off.....

On a side note his son has already asked me if he can buy my dog, buy my quad, and swim in my pool the two times I've met him.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
back to work, spent the weekend at snowshoe riding/racing, 20 hours in the truck, waterskied with the fam yesterday, now I just want a hot tub or a bed.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So I have a neighbor..... well I have a new neighbor building a house on what was a vacant lot in front of my house. He's been building the house for a month or so now. So far he's asked me if he can drive his well drilling rig through my property and then 3 weeks ago he asked if he can borrow my electric for his plumber to use who didn't have a generator. Yesterday I figured he was finally done with it so I pulled in the cord put it in my garage. At 8:30pm while we were putting the kids to bed I find him wandering around my house and he sees me in my basement and motions for me to come up stairs. Meanwhile my wife is showering, the kids are going to bed and this guys is wandering around my house. So I go to the front door and he asks if he can continue using my electric. I give him all the subtle hints that I don't want him to use it anymore but he doesn't get it. So of course me being the softy that I am I let him use it. I'm kicking myself for not stopping this sooner. Tonight I'm going to cut him off.....

On a side note his son has already asked me if he can buy my dog, buy my quad, and swim in my pool the two times I've met him.
time to dig a moat.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

typically when these kind of people move in next door, they just put their house in "Park" and apply the e-brake.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just scheduled an appointment for this Friday at 10:00 AM for a full bike fitting at my LBS. The process that will end with me buying a carbon road bike has begun.....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nice! What do you want to buy?
No idea. I have a Trek 2000 (model year 2002) that I feel I've outgrown in the 10 years since I bought it. I had a fitting a few years ago and the shop made some adjustments to the bike as a result. They did pretty much all they could to make the bike more comfortable, but apparently I have weird body measurements (long legs, shorter torso and arms in comparison) that don't really match that bike. So this time I'm open to suggestions on whatever bikes will best fit me. I don't really have my heart set on any particular brand. My LBS is a Trek, Felt, Guru and Serotta dealer though they said they can get pretty much anything.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
just got back from getting a mooring for my boat, tonight im going to do a ride before a meeting at work. after that im coming home and digging a pit for my mooring and maybe a boat launch tomorrow after noon :thumb:.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
No idea. I have a Trek 2000 (model year 2002) that I feel I've outgrown in the 10 years since I bought it. I had a fitting a few years ago and the shop made some adjustments to the bike as a result. They did pretty much all they could to make the bike more comfortable, but apparently I have weird body measurements (long legs, shorter torso and arms in comparison) that don't really match that bike. So this time I'm open to suggestions on whatever bikes will best fit me. I don't really have my heart set on any particular brand. My LBS is a Trek, Felt, Guru and Serotta dealer though they said they can get pretty much anything.
You could come for a visit and schedule a Serotta tour!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Had a nice 4th at home and celebrated with the neighbors on our cul-de-sac and lots of fireworks. I'm happy to report no one lost any limbs in the making of a fun fireworks display :thumb:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still not doing anything other that stuff around the house and riding. I've got cleanup from our BBQ and other misc chores to do. Otherwise, I'm still waiting for my AutoCAD Inventor book to show up so that I can teach myself how to use it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sweet, just did a background search on my neighbor -

Crimes of Conviction
As of 07/05/11
Crime Class
ATT CRIM POSS CONTR SUBSTANCE 4TH D
ATT CRIM SALE CONTR SUBSTANCE 5TH E
ATT ROBBERY 2ND D
DWI:ALCOHOL OR DRUGS 2 OFF E

And

Crimes of Conviction
As of 07/05/11
Crime Class
ROBBERY 2ND C

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Crimes of Conviction
As of 07/05/11
Crime Class
ATT ROBBERY 2ND D

And

Crimes of Conviction
As of 07/05/11
Crime Class
ROBBERY 2ND C
time to exercise amendment number two.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Crimes of Conviction
As of 07/05/11
Crime Class
ATT ROBBERY 2ND D

And

Crimes of Conviction
As of 07/05/11
Crime Class
ROBBERY 2ND C
See? Told ya,

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
time to exercise amendment number two.
"Hey, how are you, dirtbagneighbor? Let me put this stack of cash on the counter here next to the cocaine and I'll loan you whatever you need. Here can you hold this knife for just a second... that's good, let me put that away for later."

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
"Hey, how are you, dirtbagneighbor? Let me put this stack of cash on the counter here next to the cocaine and I'll loan you whatever you need. Here can you hold this knife for just a second... that's good, let me put that away for later."

My wife is flipping out.......

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My wife is flipping out.......
Don't worry. The guy is probably totally legit... You said he's from Brooklyn right? What's not to be trusted there?

Robbery in the Second Degree – New York Penal Law 160.10

Robbery in the Second Degree (New York Penal Law 160.10) is just as severe as Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree (New York Penal Law 265.03). That is, both are deemed violent crimes under New York Law and both require a mandatory minimum term of three and one half years in state prison if there is a conviction. However, a judge has the discretion to sentence an offender to up to fifteen years in prison.

Robbery in the Second Degree can be broken down as follows:
New York Penal Law 160.10(1)

If you forcibly steal property from someone, regardless of what it is, and you are aided by another person who is present, then you may be convicted of this crime. In other words, the sole difference between Robbery in the Third Degree and the Second Degree under this section is that another person (a "lookout," a "moneyman" or another "robber") is present. If that is the case, instead of no mandatory prison, you and your co-defendant would now face the three and a half minimum. Those individuals whom are alleged to have been with you need not be arrested for this charge.

The most severe and serious degree of Robbery, Robbery in the First Degree (New York Penal Law 160.15) is a violent crime punishable by no less than five years and a maximum of twenty five years in state prison. Like the lower degrees, Robbery in the First Degree requires a forcible stealing of property. However, to ascend to this offense, additional actions or elements are required.

When you forcibly steal property from a person, without the use of any type of weapon, you have committed the crime of Robbery in the Third Degree (New York Penal Law 160.05). This force could be a push, punch, or shoulder grab and tug. It is fairly simple for prosecutors to establish the requisite amount of force to charge the accused with Robbery after the police have arrested him or her.
New York Penal Law 160.10(2)

Again, like all forms of Robbery, this subsection of Robbery in the Second Degree also requires a forcible stealing of property. However, if you or another person involved in the crime causes physical injury to anyone who is not a participant or displays what appears to be a firearm or gun, then you face the more serious offense and the three and one half minimum term in prison.

It is important to note a few things about this section of Robbery in the Second Degree. First, the physical injury need only be a bloody lip, bruise or something as “insignificant” as that. All that is required is some form of “substantial pain” or “impairment of physical condition.” Second, the person injured need not be the target of the Robbery. Lastly, yet equally important, it is not a defense to this section to argue that the firearm, gun, revolver, etc., was not loaded or that it was really a ruler or tape measure under your shirt. The prosecution must only establish (beyond a reasonable doubt, of course), that you possessed what appeared to be a firearm.

Like the other degrees of Robbery, this crime is often associated with other offenses including Criminal Possession of a Weapon, Assault, Grand Larceny and Criminal Possession of Stolen Property.

For further information on Robbery in the Second Degree or for a consultation to discuss your possible defenses, contact the New York criminal defense attorneys and former Manhattan prosecutors at Crotty Saland PC.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
:wave:

Worked my balls off yesterday. If you were trying to fly anywhere in the Rocky Mountain west yesterday, I apologize. Stupid airplanes. :mad:
The family made it out of DIA yesterday morning with no problems! I did leave DIA with a $175 speeding ticket though!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Don't worry. The guy is probably totally legit... You said he's from Brooklyn right? What's not to be trusted there?
Problem is this guy is going to cost me $12k between alarm system for the house and fence.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The internet is amazing for researching people. This dude has tried to sue so many people.