Quantcast

~@~Back to work Monday GMT~@~

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Back to work after a 4 day weekend. Friday we drove to Vermont and spent the afternoon with my aunt and uncle, then off to Coyote Hill Mountain Bike Camp. Arrived early Friday evening, got settled in out "private" bunkhouse and then dinner. After dinner was a session about who everyone was and what they were there for and a short session on mechanics. The camp director would then spend the rest of the weekend trying to stump me on anything mechanical, failing miserably.

Saturday morning we got up, had breakfast, then a skills clinic and a short skills ride. We had a skidding contest, and I slayed it by at least a bike length. After lunch was a ride on some fun technical trails. Dinner was awesome and after dinner was a bonfire.

Sunday morning after breakfast was another skills clinic and ride. After lunch we rode some different fun technical trails.

Today is back to the office for moar fun of trying to find work.

Be safe out there.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
X-post from the DH forum/kids DH bikes....Well, the family hit up the 3rd Annual Wilmington Whiteface Bike Festival this past weekend. Tons of stuff to do from uphill road races, bike parades, 100 mile xc races (Leadville qualifier), pump track riding, DH GRT series races, etc. My 4 ("I am almost 5!") year old wanted to try out bike racing, so we hit up the pump track competition Friday night. Wilmington has a nice, publicly maintained park with jump lines & pump track. He must have done 14 laps (with 14 falls) but had the crowd cheering for him. Kyle Ebbet gave him a perseverance award and Ewan was in heaven!

The next day brought the kids Dual Slalom race on the Whiteface bunny slope. Much of the older kids opted for the big DS track, so the WF crew accommodated the young guns with some old fashioned poles & grass! Ewan took a big digger in practice, but come race time he was raring to go. It that helped that they let him start a little down slope, he was picking up way too much speed, and there's only so much a 4 year old can do to stop with crappy U brakes....Anyway, no falls + turning on all poles + cheers + medal = 1 happy kid!

Riders Ready:

Dad's chasing:

Medals handed out by the current national DH champ:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning monkeys. I am just poppin' in to say howdie as I have a lengthy "to do list" and limited baby is sleeping time to get it done! Last 3 half days of school for Syd and she is psyched to be a first grader and to meet her new teacher on Wednesday.

Saturday was Girl Scout Day at the local amusement park so we all headed there and enjoyed the water park and some rides.

Sunday we spent the day hanging with Sq-Earl and playing games. We got him a nice variety of beers (including the Rogue Bacon Maple Ale) and I made him stuffed shells for dinner (despite the heat) so all was great!

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Well, I was also at the Wilmington bikefest this weekend, cheering on a group of our local guys who'd gone up to race in the 100K Leadville qualifier. Two of the four qualified for Leadville!!!! Freaking awesome!!! I'm so proud of all four of them. It sounded like a beast of a race. We rode some of the xc trails at Whiteface that were part of the race course on Saturday. That last section of singletrack before the finish line was absolutely brutal. I was having a hard enough time negotiating all the roots and rocks and drop offs with fresh legs; I can't even imagine after already having ridden 60-some miles.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Somewhat lax weekend. Checked out the Santiam Bike Shop that opened a mile from my house. Very nice layout and the location was a steal. I still stop into the Salem location from time to time, but nobody I know is there much. An awesome group of guys owning it and run it well. They are doing very well as a small business and exceptionally well fro a bike shop.

Solid, steady growth, community involvement, great selection and top notch service. Couldn't ask for a better LBS, now with a location in my 'hood. I am a happy rider again.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Im an atomic idiot. Got dehydrated, didnt notice and started to ride. First time, since a race I did on an empty stomach I wanted to puke during riding. Fortunately I noticed before I decided to gap anything big because my arms are rubber now.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Had a great day yesterday, my smoked salmon was :drool:. Nothing planned for today except for trying to escape the heat. Pretty big fire going up the road, air quality is teh suck.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Well this was definitely an interesting weekend. Here's how the wife and I spend our Father's Day...

Dylan Tyler Beneway born 6/17 at 10:40pm.

Both baby and momma are doing good. My wife is just extremely tired after being in labor all day long.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Spent my Morning riping the air compressors. Dumbass closers are opening the drain valves wide open with 175 psi behi9nd them and it finally blew the drain pipe off the bottom.

Real pain in the ass to work on the underside of a 200 gallon compressor. Best part is it happened last night and noone told me till this mnorning when I got here. My sales guy who closed last night called a plumber without authorization and was just going to wait for them to get here. Well I sent him home with a three day suspension for not following the proper procedure..... We have three guys that work for us that are former plumbers that could have handled it, well they are off so i did it myself. Part that [iss's me off the most is that we already lost the morning worth of work causemy sales guy called all th appointments and told them not to come in, when i could have come down last night and fixed it.

Man the joys of being in charge are fun....... Just glad the paycheck makes it worth it

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Morning.

Well this was definitely an interesting weekend. Here's how the wife and I spend our Father's Day...

Both baby and momma are doing good. My wife is just extremely tired after being in labor all day long.

Way cuter than Stoney's baby. Congrats! :thumb:

;)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Morning.

Congrats. A good way to spend fathers day indeed. Now brainwash him right from the start that if he wont be a good biker Justin Bieber will take him and turn him into one of the Jonas brothers.

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Morning all!
Congrats on the new arrival!!

We had a great weekend! I went to my first symphony with my lovely wife on Saturday night! We saw one of her favorite pieces and I was surprised how much I enjoyed the whole experience!
Then we went to a fundraiser for Friends of Orphans and ended up winning a signed Seahawks jersey and football by Earl Thomas!

Sunday had big plans in store for Father's Day!! I have always dreamed of flying in a helicopter, and almost 33 years (tomorrow) have passed without doing so. Well after a delicious homemade waffle breakfast I start my scavenger hunt around the house and it ends with a model helicopter representing the gift of a 3 person heli tour over Seattle!! WOOT WOOT!!
Unfortunately however the wind here was too much and they called us to reschedule. So next Sunday we are hoping to make it up in the air!
But we did have a great afternoon bowling and playing video games at the arcade!

Thanks to my awesome 5 year old and thoughtful wife for a great time!! Love you guys!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
is it wrong to teach your 3 & 4 year old nephews to say "i gotta drop a deuce"...?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
is it wrong to teach your 3 & 4 year old nephews to say "i gotta drop a deuce"...?
Mine have been using that phrase since at least that age.

My oldest also got sent home from pre-school with a note that read (to the effect of): 'Songs about moonshine, growing marijuana and threatening law enforcement with violence are not appropriate for show and tell' after he played Steve Earle's Copperhead Road for his classmates, so my parenting advice should be taken with a grain of salt.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
almost 33 years (tomorrow)

Thanks to my awesome 5 year old and thoughtful wife for a great time!! Love you guys!
Oh sh!t you have a BIRTHDAY coming too?!?!? ;) ;)

All of what he said, a great weekend with my favorite guys! Welcome dear :)

I didn't make it into work today, as my tum tum feels like it's been attacken by the Kraken!! And not the good kind!!

Oh well, better luck tomorrow!

Congrats to Mr & Mrs Stoney and Mr & Mrs Iceball!!

Last edited: