Quantcast

Backcountry.com: The Specialized of the outdoor retail world?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
For the specialized gear, the high end stuff, I need hands on. I can’t do mail order. This benefits the local guy’s too.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Damn, now where do can I get button up shirts for $18 on close out?

Seriously, where can I? Backcountry/S&C is my go-to for adult type clothing to wear at work.
I´ve pretty much reduced my clothes to 4-5 major standarized groups. I pretty much wear the same everyday and rotate colors at most.

Golf shirts are pretty much my standard issue everyday shirts. Adidas, porsche-design or columbia in neutral/earth colors. Can usually get them for $20-30 each..

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
backcountry been slipping for a while. I used to buy all kinds of stuff off steep and cheap that I didn't need. I haven't purchased anything recently. I wonder if the eight acquisition from where they had been got them on the straight and narrow? My first order was 2006.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The only time I've used them recently have been big purchases with one of their 20% coupons, swing bike hitch and tailgate pad come to mind. Universal are my normal go to.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They can fuck right off from the outdoor industry
I sent my nasty-gram to them. Wifey knows we're done with them and Moosejaw now and she totally agrees. It's this kind of shit that will get me buying stuff locally at local stores again. Fuck the big companies that do this shit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Emails sent to Smartwool and Black Diamond because their major partnerships with BC. Plenty of folks in the suburban social circles come to me for outdoor stuff help, so this is getting distributed pretty quickly (Halloween helped too because parties). Wifey said that she's seeing it pop up on her FB, which is pretty surprising because she's not in the outdoor circles.