Quantcast

backcountry.com

trialsboy50

Monkey
Nov 23, 2004
Has anyone ordered from backcountry.com with good luck? I'm thinking of ordering a sleeping bag, but havent heard anything about this site.

thanks
Byron

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Backcountry.com has some really nice stuff, and some great sales on that stuff. I have ordered from them about 5 times. Once they messed up and sent me a womans running shoe instead of the hiking boot i ordered, but the sent it out right away overnight..and they send it to where i was vacationing too for the week. I think they went out of their way to make things right. I certainly was happy

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Andyman_1970 said:
I orded a North Face Denali jacket from them about a year ago and had no problems.
i ordered the same thing 5yrs ago, and i'm still on their mailing list.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
SkaredShtles said:
Isn't that a bit warm for Arkansas? :think:

-S.S.-
That's as heavy a jacket I'll ever need for AR, I do wear it for about 2 months out of the year, and then a bit in the mornings when it's chilly. Since I moved to Little Rock from Kansas City (which has real winters compared to AR) I have become a cold weather wuss, so a Denali jacket could seem overkill to someone with real winters.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Andyman_1970 said:
That's as heavy a jacket I'll ever need for AR, I do wear it for about 2 months out of the year, and then a bit in the mornings when it's chilly. Since I moved to Little Rock from Kansas City (which has real winters compared to AR) I have become a cold weather wuss, so a Denali jacket could seem overkill to someone with real winters.
We don't have real winters here, either. But the Denali is nice when we go up to the mountains and it's -15F. :thumb:

-S.S.-

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
SkaredShtles said:
That's what the shell is for. :think:

-S.S.-
you can fit a shell over a Denali?

wait, that's not even relevent to my original thought. i've had other fleece jackets that do a better job of blocking wind. i like the Denali as a cold weather jacket, but if it's windy, it stays in the closet, and i generally throw on the trusty Dickies Eisenhower.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
the Inbred said:
you can fit a shell over a Denali?

wait, that's not even relevent to my original thought. i've had other fleece jackets that do a better job of blocking wind. i like the Denali as a cold weather jacket, but if it's windy, it stays in the closet, and i generally throw on the trusty Dickies Eisenhower.
Does it get cold in Tejas? :think:

Shell definitely fits over a Denali. Although the combo of Denali & shell is actually too warm if there is *any* activity going on.

Hell, my shell even fits over this: