Quantcast

Backpack to carry a bike?

Dethklok

Monkey
Jul 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Ok so I remember I saw some vid a guy had a backpack that he could lug around his BMX bike with after he just broke it down real quick. Im actually looking to get back into trials but Im considering a Mod (20") bike so it should fit in anything a BMX bike would. Anyone got any idea to what bag this was?

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
i think he just strapped it to a regular backpack. you want to do that for carrying on a bicycle or motorcycle or something? seems like a rack on the bike would work better for that. less wear on your back. one of those sturdy seatpost or frame mounted racks and some ratchet straps would probably do nicely.
i have carried my bmx on a scooter before by balancing it on the seat and sitting on top of the top tube with the drivetrain facing up. works fine and surprisingly doesnt shift around all that much, just cant lane split. i did knock over a construction sign with the back tire one time at about 30mph ha ha. and it is about as comfortable as you might think. don't think id try that setup on a motorcycle tho. :D

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
i can strap my 24" liquid to my backpack pretty easily, not the comfiest or easiest thing to ride with but its quite doable. backpack is the crumpler mahoubar