Quantcast

Backsplash p0rn!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Nice, but the countertop looks a bit...I dunno...incomplete? I think the big hole in the middle needs something...

A urinal?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
H8R said:
Nice, but the countertop looks a bit...I dunno...incomplete? I think the big hole in the middle needs something...

A urinal?
Its missing the turquoise blue frosted glass in the corner cabinet... :mumble:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DaveW said:
Nah sorry but I abhor tile's on kitchen surfaces. :(

apart from that not bad. :)

interesting... what kinds of materials do you propose to use on a backsplash then? Stainless steel? Formica?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Stainless is always my kitchen fave surface (yes comercial kitchen oriented )..... But that's not to everyones taste.

I just dislike tiles for the hygine angle.... food tends to sit in the grouting, it is not such a easy wipe off surface from what I have seen in kitchens with tiles. Especially those hidious 70's tiled counter tops!! :eek:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
DaveW said:
Stainless is always my kitchen fave surface (yes comercial kitchen oriented )..... But that's not to everyones taste.

I just dislike tiles for the hygine angle.... food tends to sit in the grouting, it is not such a easy wipe off surface from what I have seen in kitchens with tiles. Especially those hidious 70's tiled counter tops!! :eek:

But this is the backsplash... not the counter top... I agree with you on tile countertops.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
N8, i think you've got "urinal" and "N8's mouth" confused again.

the backsplash looks ok, i dig the counters, but that dark wood in the cabinetry is just plain awful.
no.. I don't think so... narlus and kitchen urinal go together... N8's mouth and pu$$y go together...

The dark wood pwn3s your white painted cabinetry's a$$...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
But this is the backsplash... not the counter top... I agree with you on tile countertops.
i guess it depends on how much SPLASH the backsplash will see. we did a short run of granite, probably 4" or so. the walls above that are painted, and there's no food stains on 'em. they are pale yellow, so it would be pretty obvious.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
no.. I don't think so... narlus and kitchen urinal go together... N8's mouth and pu$$y go together...

The dark wood pwn3s your white painted cabinetry's a$$...
N8, lay off the sauce before we have to stage an RM intervention. what makes you think i've got white painted cabinets?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
N8, lay off the sauce before we have to stage an RM intervention. what makes you think i've got white painted cabinets?
Sorry... do you mean that you have 80's trailer house "honey oak" cabs..?

My bad..

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nice try once again, but like most of yr posts you are far off the mark. my cabinets cost me more money than i'd like to publicly admit, and they look it. natural maple is quite striking, i think.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
N8 said:
Did you specifically design/coordinate these or were they already installed?
Yes, we designed the house. The cabinets are knotty Alderwood with a Fruitwood stain. The countertops are black granite and the appliances are all stainless. The kitchen floor is 20" Travertine tile.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
narlus said:
nice try once again, but like most of yr posts you are far off the mark. my cabinets cost me more money than i'd like to publicly admit, and they look it. natural maple is quite striking, i think.

It is indeed... I have maple floors in that house... I ****canned a couple clients for insisting on honey oak cabs and brass lighting fixtures.

Good call.. esp with a dark stone countertop...

What is your flooring..

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Potroast88 said:
Yes, we designed the house. The cabinets are knotty Alderwood with a Fruitwood stain. The countertops are black granite and the appliances are all stainless. The kitchen floor is 20" Travertine tile.
I have a house I am installing sheetrock in tomorrow.. I want alderwood cabs in it.. I am sick of having to deal with maple's tight gain not taking the stain like I want it to...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Oh man, I thought this thread was going to be about Port-A-Johns..

Ever get the blue depth charge? Ick.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
What is your flooring..
tile. it's a light greenish color, kinda hard to explain, and i think it's 12".

once i get the house cleaned up maybe i'll take a couple of pics and post 'em.

and i'll have the new bathroom pics ready soon too.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Potroast88 said:
I live in Amarillo, Texas.....same place as Price. I just moved here from Phoenix.

I am always surprised at how much that city has grown over the last 15 years... it used to be just a truck stop.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
It still kinda sucks, but it's a better place to raise a kid. We sold our house in Phoenix at the right time and made a pile of money on it and came to Amarillo and got a lot more for our money. This house cost us about $96.00 sf to build.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Potroast88 said:
It still kinda sucks, but it's a better place to raise a kid. We sold our house in Phoenix at the right time and made a pile of money on it and came to Amarillo and got a lot more for our money. This house cost us about $96.00 sf to build.

holy crap! did that include land too..?

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
N8 said:
Well it is Amarillo.... that is the windyest place in the world... and no much to see either.
You're right about the wind. It's a fact, it is the windiest place in the US. As far as the scenery is concerned, this time of year is downright ugly. Springtime is not too bad and the Fall is really nice, too.
There are a lot of really cool, historic houses and neighborhoods around here and the people here are some of the best I've ever encountered.