Quantcast

Backsplash p0rn!

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Here's the ceiling in my kitchen/dining room. The beams were left exposed and the ceiling is wood. The whole thing was stained the same as the cabinets. It's my favorite part of the house.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
Well it is Amarillo.... that is the windyest place in the world... and no much to see either.
N8, this is about as accurate as yr claim re: Delaware being the flattest state. in the world? not even in the US:

10 windiest cities according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration are:::: 1...Blue Hill MA....2...Dodge City KS...3...Amarillo TX...4.....Rochester MN...5...Cheyenne WY..6..Caspar Wy...7...Great Falls MT..8..Goodland KS...9...Boston MA...10...Lubbock TX

for the top world honors:

The windiest place in the world is Port Martin, Antartica. Here winds average more than forty miles per hour on at least one hundred days each year

dublin was pretty damn windy; ireland as a whole, really. felt much windier than #9 ranked boston.

splat

Nam I am
narlus said:
N8, this is about as accurate as yr claim re: Delaware being the flattest state. in the world? not even in the US:

10 windiest cities according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration are:::: 1...Blue Hill MA....2...Dodge City KS...3...Amarillo TX...4.....Rochester MN...5...Cheyenne WY..6..Caspar Wy...7...Great Falls MT..8..Goodland KS...9...Boston MA...10...Lubbock TX

for the top world honors:

The windiest place in the world is Port Martin, Antartica. Here winds average more than forty miles per hour on at least one hundred days each year

dublin was pretty damn windy; ireland as a whole, really. felt much windier than #9 ranked boston.

Hmmm The Great Blue Hill is #1 ? Wow !

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
narlus said:
Dang, I could have sworn Ithaca would be there, every time I have been there it was all kinds of windy.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Potroast88 said:
Here's the ceiling in my kitchen/dining room. The beams were left exposed and the ceiling is wood. The whole thing was stained the same as the cabinets. It's my favorite part of the house.

awesome..

thats exactly the roof i want for my garage. my neighbor garage has one of those too. with exposed beams and wood ceiling on top, and those red curved tiles on top.

but am kinda broke right now, so that will have to wait...:(

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Potroast88 said:
You're right about the wind. It's a fact, it is the windiest place in the US. As far as the scenery is concerned, this time of year is downright ugly. Springtime is not too bad and the Fall is really nice, too.
There are a lot of really cool, historic houses and neighborhoods around here and the people here are some of the best I've ever encountered.

That's cool. And there is a heck of a lot more places to shop/dine/live there than ever before. Plus it's its only a few hours to Alb.

:D

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Potroast88 said:

Damn... that set up is SO FETCH!

I may use it some elements of it for one of my spec the houses that's being sheet-rocked today... I like the 'skip-trowel' and glaze finish on the walls.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Thanks for the compliments. I really like the glazing, too. The kitchen/dining room, living room, and both bathrooms are finished like that. The rest of the house is just painted. Here's a shot from the living room looking into the dining room.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
narlus said:
you obviously have no young kids, or a working dungeon.
I have a 2 year old, but she's pretty good. She will actually put her toys and stuff away when you tell her to.
The dungeon is for me and Mama.