Quantcast

Backyard dirtjump

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
The dirtjump I built day before yesterday was nifty. The inept contracters that we have left a big pile of dirt behind our house overnight. Well as you might be able to guess a little after they left I was out there with my shovel making it into a dirtjump. It was a pretty small tabletop but still kinda fun. Anyway, yesterday morning when I got up I went out there and started digging. So I made it taller, a bit longer and re-shaped the landing and lip. When I test rode it the lip had a lot of pop to it and it tossed me almost past the landing, so I made it even longer. But I took the screen out of my window and I had my cd player and phone in the window so I was just out there working in the sun with my shirt off listening to music (pretty smooth how I worked that in huh? I just wanted to put something in about me not wearing a shirt.). So, where was I, ah yes, I made it longer and it was getting to look pretty good, about where I wanted it. So I stopped digging changed to a more aggressive song on the cd, put on my gear, grabbed my bike and hit it up. It was good, almost good enough to leave alone for a while so I hit it a couple more times. Then I saw the contracters coming up the driveway. I rushed up the hill and hit my jump one last time as they drove up the driveway. When they got to the top of it the first thing they did was drive a backhoe through my jump. So it's gone now and I'm all alone.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
I think that something like that is going to happen to the creek that is near our house, it is going to developed, damn bastards!!!! I feel your pain. I have spent so much time into making trails and jumps down there and it is all going to go away......

-Ice Bullit:cool: