Quantcast

Backyard edit...

WaveDude

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
TX
Nice. I think if you make your rollers a little less "pointy" on top (round them over more), you'd be able to pump 'em better to keep your speed up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yea, what he said. That's where they get the name "rollers" :D

Also, what camcorder are you using? Lens? Cool to see another solo clip.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Can you guys be specific of where you forsee a problem? When you come out of the second berm and have to roll over the top of the little three-way hip thing it is definitely not smooth (I tossed some dirt in there just to be able to roll it when I found it was really hard to keep speed, but it is jump able as I found out on Sunday).

The other rollers, perhaps, I'm just not seeing any issue with speed at this point, but I will take the advice and try to mellow some of them out next spring when the ground isn't hard as a rock.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
cool little clip. looks like alot of fun. sick to have that in the backyard.
but i agree with the other 2.... something about it didnt seem to flow smooth, a little jerky. i'm sure the more u ride it the more u'll perfect it.

good stuff man.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I stated this in the other post, but this was my first time riding it. I definitely felt more comfy later in the day and my riding smoothed out a lot. Perhaps its just me that you guys are picking up on.

Another big part of what you precieve might be the fact that the berms are tiny and the whole thing is really tight. They don't flow like wide open stuff, but they are actually pretty smooth. That last one you have to float your wheel off the top, drop down on the backside of the roller and then pump hard. I considered tearing out the roller and and just having it be a traditional, slightly larger berm, but to me its a lot more fun if each one has a little different feel and technique needed to get through them.

I guess I have been building long enough to feel relatively confident in what I have, and sometimes judging from a video can be a tad decieving. Who knows, maybe a little more "rounding" would work out better, but when you ride it really does feel buttery (with the exception of the two parts I described earlier).

I'll keep working on it, and if anyone rolls through Janesvegas, Wi drop by and hang out!

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Fine, I just watched it again and I guess I could round some stuff better, your right. After working on it as much as I did I'm not excited about having to change things, but its all good.

BTW, my buddy Tyler did a turndown over the first dub and 270ed the hip. The run out into the berm didn't work out to well, but it was sweet! When tricks start being thrown into the mix it will make it even better!

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
The point of this video was just to excentuate the pics I posted. We just had fun riding the second day (I was solo the first day).

There will be plenty of time to get a compilation of stuff for a long time to come. Once everything is smoothed out and people get the flow dialed in I'm excited to see the work that gets done!

And don't worry, I'll get it down on film. I need as many excused to work in FC as I can. I also have a little tidbit coming in the mail to help with those tight shots ;-)

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Vid was rad. Place looks built proper to me. Looks real flowy. Great job man.
Looks like you can get a sick work out in.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
so you sprung for the death baby?
Lol, I am a pessimist when it comes to buying things from other people but IF it shows up at my door next Monday I will be the proud new owner of a death lens.

There was one on Ebay for $250 and I just threw down a bid thinking I would get sniped and didn't. Oh well, IF it works out I will have saved at least $50 on a new one.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Ah, what a fun vid. Thanks for posting. Looks like a serious workout. Will make the vid updates cool to see as you get quicker and smoother through there.

Nice job on the camera work and video edit. I was hoping you'd take a bow at one point.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Lol, no bows, but I did trip a couple times. I had a few buddies over Sunday night and we all had a good laugh at my expense watching the footie of my rush to get everything done before my battery died.