Quantcast

Backyard pumptrack build

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
Building a pumptrack in part of my backyard.

Build thread here.

Pretty messy so far but there is a plan in there somewhere.

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
Bit messy still but basic shape is there.

[video]http://s96.photobucket.com/user/dcrofty/media/Pumptrack/20130610_122150.mp4.html[/video]

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I would definitely try to integrate that rock. Be careful mixing that grass with your dirt with the mini or you'll end up with one weedy pump track. Bringing in any outside dirt or trying to dig it in?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Mueller, are you ever gonna be in Asheville soon? Could really use help with a layout to figure out how to build mine. Got a buddy who can get me dirt, but it would be a turd pile without an architect.

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
Yep deff plan to start on the rock and drop or roll into the track to start.

Some of the grass got mixed in but a combination of mulch and herbicide will keep that in check.

I don't plan to bring in any dirt, the photos don't show it but the ground slopes downhill from up near the rock to the bottom of the oval so I used the machine to dig into the hill at the top and transferred the soil to elevate the track towards the bottom. Will need to wait for it to dry out and start tweaking but hopefully the rough shape I have will be enough that I don't need to shift major amounts of dirt again.

Last edited:

GodSmack

Chimp
May 27, 2013
BC
I would add some sand to your organic soil. So it dries out wayyyyyy faster. Don't dig in your track. Elevate it by digging beside the track. Use a shovel. Your machine is turning the dirt into compacted muck.
Looks like you have a good start.