Quantcast

Bacon Hill race practicing

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
Me and 2 or 3 other guys will be out at beacon hill on sunday more then likely to do some runs before the race (5/19-5/20). Hope to see you guys out there!

It may be short notice for some of you guys all the way out here on the west but I'm sure theres some locals that should come out and take some runs!

and yes I spelled it bacon

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
oh yeah we rode with ben I think for a couple runs and I'm sure I saw you and kyle. I hurt my thumb in the early morning so I was out after my 6th run which sucked but we will be at it this sunday cause I think were going just for the day. Long 10 hour drive there and back

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
i think we are full capacity. we got four people and four bikes. five is too crammed.
Duct tape him to the roof if ya have too, the more the merrier. :monkey:

I dont envy your drive home, 4 guys after riding locked in a truck for 4 hours, its bad enough on the hour and a half drive back to Pullman.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
We are going up tommorrow after school too mike. Ruthie has to get the step down and the waterfall, and I am going to bring the stop watch again. I know I can shave even more time.

Kyle,

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
ya ben called me, ruth stocked to hit the step down? shes gona nail it and be so excited. gona be another good day on the hill for sure. I just gota pedal more, lol.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I have a few places to make up time. I had a few mistakes in my run, we need to time the runs closer to the beginning of the day when we are fresh.

Kyle,

HTnickS

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
North Bend WAShington
all this beacon talk is making me sad, I don't think il be able to go b/c my senior prom is on the sat before the race. Beacons always good fun, mabey ill come out early sunday to race.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
definatly, that middle section kills me. we need to find the right speed in to the corner you keep washing out in. I still need work on the rock after the step down up top, I feel so sketchy on that section.

Jun 18, 2004
all this beacon talk is making me sad, I don't think il be able to go b/c my senior prom is on the sat before the race. Beacons always good fun, mabey ill come out early sunday to race.
aH come on... be a winner and gohome and doink the prom queen!

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
definatly, that middle section kills me. we need to find the right speed in to the corner you keep washing out in. I still need work on the rock after the step down up top, I feel so sketchy on that section.
yeah I think just finally getting some new rubber will help more than anything. I'm basically running slicks right now.

I really want to work on the triple hump. I lose so much speed through there, and the rock after the stepdown can always be a little better. just a little here and alittle there, it all adds up.

Kyle,

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
ya i lose a ton of speed on the triples too, i think for the most part i have the lines I need to do well but I'm just slow in the sections in between.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
I want to try to get my lines perfected way befor saterday, that way I don't get burnt out for race day. my fat self can only do so much.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
dude....bros before hoes:disgust1: :disgust1: :disgust1: I'm skipping prom for this man

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Sunday? What time? How long does it take to get there from Tacoma? 8 hours right? If I leave it'll be like 3 in the morning, who would want a ride out?

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Sunday? What time? How long does it take to get there from Tacoma? 8 hours right? If I leave it'll be like 3 in the morning, who would want a ride out?
from tacoma its 5 hours each way so leave at like 6 or so and you would be riding by noon, its light and ridable till 7:30 get some food and drive home. and you would be home by 1.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Alright, just in case I go, who needs a ride? Would leave at 6am from Tacoma. Like I said, this is a 70/30 that I'm going. G/F is having major surgery on Monday and I'm not sure she'll let me go away this weekend. Does any know the Lat and Long for this place so I can put it in my GPS unit and it will show me the way there.