Quantcast

Bacon Shortage

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Couldn't eat bacon for 10 years because of Gout. Been plowing through some Applewood smoked bacon in the last year and a half. Unfortunately my favorite brand, Wright, hasn't been available past two grocery runs. Had to settle for some Smithfield.

@stevew Those are institutional packs of bacon meant for restaurants. The strips are laid out like that so the cook can pick up a whole sheet and flip it over onto the flat top. Excellent score.
restaraunt depot is your friend.....forgot what brand it was....very little grease after cooking....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
restaraunt depot is your friend.....forgot what brand it was....very little grease after cooking....
I swear they put the top tear bacon in the bulk packs, I buy the 15lb boxes from Smart & Final when I'm having classy parties or going camping/drinking in the woods and it's damn good bacon for the price, the meat to fat ratio is perfect.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So basically pigs that were in the Harvest pipeline are just going to disappear and somehow not enter the market place now? Anyone here see the Eddy Murphy movie Trading Places?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Pro tip: mix some cooked bacon spicy sausage in with the (cream) cheese before putting it in the jalapeno.
This is how I roll. Cook up hot sausage. Mix with cream cheese, some sriracha and red pepper flake. Cut jalapenos in half and top off. Fill with said mixture. Wrap in bacon and grill on Traeger for 20-30ish minutes or in the oven.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This is how I roll. Cook up hot sausage. Mix with cream cheese, some sriracha and red pepper flake. Cut jalapenos in half and top off. Fill with said mixture. Wrap in bacon and grill on Traeger for 20-30ish minutes or in the oven.
be sure to let @stevew know the condition of your colon

He's concerned

I email him a home framed picture of mine once a week after he started expressing concern over our diets.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
be sure to let @stevew know the condition of your colon

He's concerned

I email him a home framed picture of mine once a week after he started expressing concern over our diets.
enough with the goatse pics....one was enough...

im mot a proctologist but i have stayed at a holiday inn express...

Last edited: