Quantcast

BAD BAD Virus

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Sooo, is that really nasty Java based virus still floating around on here??? My AV program caught it this morning from here, didnt give specifics if its from an add, or if its from the site directly.... Dont udnerstand that much of the code from a quick glance......... Anyways, I would really like to know the site is safe.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I haven't picked up on any virus-laden ads on two home machines, a phone, and two work computers all running antivirus. Details?

Also, what do you mean by "still"? I haven't found a single instance of a virus, ever. Has this come up before?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Running avast, its a java based virus, comes up as a java update then gets loaded into everything, same info I got when STR got hacked and it was loaded there. Havent had it come up again yet. AV listed RM as the source site

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I suspect you might have some malware or there was a redirect somewhere.

I don't believe we even serve any ads out of the ridemonkey.com domain which is about the only thing we serve up that is uncontrolled. Do you have more specifics? Page source maybe? Anything you can send me?

We have so many work monkeys who all run virus scans/intrusion detection, I can't believe this wouldn't have come up.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Can you check your Avast log and find out when and possibly what the URL was, and what the virus was called?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Mine doesnt give me the location, just while it was there it blocked RM from opening.

I have the free basic so logs are a bit limited, This is what I do have though

l[1].htm is tha name, scan originates it in temporary int files, just lists it as an infected file. Desc is JS: Treffeuc-c [tri]

mstsc.exe is the name on the second half,

that part went into core files, thats all I have available to me

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
There's no evidence of a virus on the servers. Because you're both having the issue on Avast, we have hundreds of regularly-visiting monkeys on work computers (i.e. corporate antivirus) with no complaints and there doesn't seem to be a problem on the servers, I'm guessing you have both picked up a piece of malware that's rewriting your visited pages.

I'd recommend doing a full system scan with one or two other virus packages like malwarebytes anti-malware or similar free scanners.