Quantcast

Bad CS from jensonusa

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I recently placed a pretty big order with jensonusa (who has been my preferred internet-go-to-guy for the last few years) In the order was two (2) avid codes, 1 front a 1 rear. The rear went on fine, its still on there, the front however, lost the threads on the lever, the second the lever went from sloppy loose to almost taught on the bar, the entire threading came out, (asuming maybe i did something, i grabbed a NEW bolt, and attempted to put it into the other hole (for those who dont know, avid levers have two bolts) The second hole did the exact same thing as soon as the lever got taught. (not tight, just enough to not fall down) I called jensonusa and tell them of the problems, like usual, they tell me o no problem that definitely is warranty, especially if the other 1 was torqued down way more, with no problems. "send it in and well get you one out the day it comes in" After two weeks i call them back to find out, o ya, we got it, let me go look at it. "there are no threads in it, you must have stripped it" i told them no, the threads came out with an unreasonably small amount of pressure. They then told me that they would not send out another brake and that they would call avid and in about two weeks i should be able to get (and pay for) another brake. So basically im out 185 bucks, for a sh!tty warranty deal that jensonusa stole from me, Sine then its been an ongoing battle with Amex to cancel payment for 1 brake.

*and before i get flammed, no-i did NOT over tighten the brake, and i currently work at two (2) bike shops full time.

So far, im down 185 and DONT EVEN HAVE THE BROKEN BRAKE. They literally stole it from me.

*this is my 2nd incident with Jenson and do not plan to buy from them again unless they fix this incident, the last 1 was with a faulty bead on a tubeless tire, which i just let go.

Last edited:

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Normally bike shops and mail order dont mix...
Make sure your shop doesn't see this post for job security reasons. ;)

PM sent.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
why on earth would you buy from a mail order company if you work for 2 shops? qbp has them for around $135 each if im not mistaken

plus if you work for a shop, why dont you warranty it yourself through sram?
they sent me a brand new elixr setup after mine went kaput through my friend's shop

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Bike shops in North jersey suck, i get 10% discount at the better one, Also, i would get hollered at for trying to warranty them through my shops since i "dont support the shop enough" They basically say i should buy everything msrp or 10% off so my boss makes a good living, 3 Audis and a porshe isn't a good enough living....

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i wouldnt say that north jersey shops suck since i managed one for years and my buddy works in a great one now...its just your shop sucks, or both of them do.
a shop that doesnt support it's employee's riding isnt a shop id want to work at, especially if they are giving you a "discount" of 10%off....thats still 20% more than mail order companys

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i wouldnt say that north jersey shops suck since i managed one for years and my buddy works in a great one now...its just your shop sucks, or both of them do.
a shop that doesnt support it's employee's riding isnt a shop id want to work at, especially if they are giving you a "discount" of 10%off....thats still 20% more than mail order companys
which is exactly why i have this problem, i would love to quit, but right now i really cant find any better jobs, even though MY job sucks, i do enjoy THE job

KillerSloth

Chimp
May 15, 2009
Instead of making a new thread, I figured I would add here...

I was ordering some parts from JensonUSA for my new bike that is coming. I ordered a chain guide (MRP 1.x) and some grips/locks.

I went with the "Economy" shipping because I didn't need my order right away, since my frame was coming from Chain Reaction Cycles (GREAT company BTW). They say it may take UP TO 3 business days to ship the order, but after more than 3 days it hadn't shipped. I emailed them, seeing what the delay was, and they emailed back saying my chain guide was on backorder and they had no idea when it would be back in stock...

In my account it said it was in stock the whole time, and when I ordered it, it was in stock. So I'm thinking they didn't set one aside for my order and sold it to someone else.

Now no one has it in stock (they did when I first ordered it from Jenson), so I can't even order it from someone else.

It's not the biggest issue ever (since I wasn't billed or anything), but now I won't have all the parts for my bike when it arrives...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Most of mine have been quite good. I was let down slightly because I was told I'd have my wheels by friday but ended up getting them on saturday. Not the end of the world, but I had hoped for a weekend of riding and ended up being delayed slightly. I didn't pay for speedy shipping, it was only economy, but I was led to believe I'd have them in time and did not...

Not really a bad review, more of a "meh".

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I've bought a lot of stuff from Jenson over the years, and I've had to send a few items back without issue. You'll have a hard time convincing anyone that stipped threads are a warranty issue and I can't really blame Jenson for being skeptical. The reality is that if they can't get it warrantied they would have to eat the cost to fix it for free. It sounds like they are going to get the brake fixed, but you'll have to pay for the fix.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I've bought a lot of stuff from Jenson over the years, and I've had to send a few items back without issue. You'll have a hard time convincing anyone that stipped threads are a warranty issue and I can't really blame Jenson for being skeptical. The reality is that if they can't get it warrantied they would have to eat the cost to fix it for free. It sounds like they are going to get the brake fixed, but you'll have to pay for the fix.
The thing is that it isnt stripped threads, the threads came out in one piece, it looked like a mini spring. I can see them being skeptical, but then they tell me to send it back, and basically "steal" it. They wont give it back, this is where amex comes into play.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Amex got my back on the dispute and I won it. They refunded my money, apparently jenson did not provide a good enough reason as to why they screwed me, and i had all postage documentation. Also big thanks to team speedh for hooking me up with gustavs while i waited. Thumbs up for him, good seller!

E86

Chimp
Jul 6, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
i have not dealt with their internet ordering, but there store in Corona has great customer service. I called and asked them if they had a bike in stock, so i could try it out, they said no, but they would bring one in and build it up so i could try it out. In about a week they had it there for me to try out. I went down and tried it out. while i was there i tried a couple other bikes. I did not even hae to commit to buy it or anything. I think that was great customer service. Of my 4 bikes i have had, 3 were bought only seeing it on the website. Just thought i would add this post incase anyone lives near them and would like to use them as a LBS.:thumb:

Motomack86

Chimp
Jun 26, 2004
Belmont,California
Jenson has always been great to me.Ive been a loyal customer for well over 6 years.I recently bought a cheap bmx bike from them.it came with different tires than described and came with the wrong color front wheel.I called them and they immediately sent me a pair of the correct tires and the correct front wheel free of charge,and told me to keep the old stuff.Pretty stoked with them.

Last edited:

pencil_sr

Chimp
Feb 2, 2010
Utah
I haven't ever ordered from Jensen, but I have used their prices to price match at pricepoint. Pricepoint has always been great to me and has always matched any lower price I have found. I have just had to email them the link to the lower priced item. Their service has always been quick and knowledgeable.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Jenson has been awesome for me. Ive returned a few parts and they never questioned anything.