Quantcast

Bad English

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ever wonder how bad english makes it on to products and documentation in the States? Well I am finishing up some software that we had translated in to German by a company in brazil really cheap. I have a feeling the German language is getting slaughtered.

LUFT-ÖL FEHLER – VORSCHUB/SPINDLE HALT – SIEHE WEITERE ALARMEN

ATC Z-ACHSE NICHT IM REFERENZ. Z-ACHSE REFERENZIEREN.
WERKZEUGWECHSEL NICHT MÖGLICH WENN Z NICHT IN DER ANFANGSPOSITION IST

LUFT-ÖL – DRUCKFHELER IM UNTEREN KUGELLAGER

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Why for are you posting this? To tell us a showing of badness that is language English? Bah!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Westy said:
Ever wonder how bad english makes it on to products and documentation in the States? Well I am finishing up some software that we had translated in to German by a company in brazil really cheap. I have a feeling the German language is getting slaughtered.
pervert

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Westy said:
I think you mean to say "poor" English...

:p
j/k

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
A friend of mine was a professional re-writer in Japan. He spoke no Japanese but he said translators are a dime a dozen. Rewriting broken English was much harder than translation, apparently.

Funny thing was that almost everyone figured they could do this job but he said it is harder than you think.