Quantcast

Bad fall on A-Line on Sunday--is dude with red Demo 9 OK?

binman69

Chimp
Jul 25, 2005
hello....i was riding at whistler this weekend and came across a rider on Sunday between 2-3pm on lower A-Line that was unconscious and laying flat out on the trail. i was the third rider to arrive and witnessed lots of blood on the ground near his face, difficulty in breathing and the rider was unconscious.

He was riding a Red Specialized Demo-9. I asked two riders to get off their bikes and make sure that no other riders ran over him while i feverishly rode for help. i did not move the rider and told others not to.

this jump was the last one before the rocky gravel decent that takes you to the entrance of the 4-cross/jump park.....before it goes back into lower A-Line/Old School/Hornet

luckily, i found a whistler first aid guy at the entrance of the jump park within 30 seconds and told him it was very serious and he got on the radio immediately and got help. he was very responsive and called a few people for help and ambulance.

this wreck was VERY serious and it scared the living daylights out of me. although i have no idea who this rider is, i am concerned about him and hoping that anyone on RideMonkey knows this person and can tell me if he is going to be alright.

I rode the rest of the day in 'chill mode' and came home and kept a candle lit for him at night.

I would appreciate it if anyone can confirm that this rider is going to be ok.

Thanks.

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
We came up after it happened and went around down the road. There was a swarm of people around him. We spoke to a guy on the chair that saw him upclose and was pretty shaken by what he saw. Lotsa blood. The good thing about these incidents is how much people are willing to stop and help and offer encouragement to the rider. Such a supportive sport. I watched a friend go down hard a few times this weekend and it had me shaken to watch it happen. He was ok, but man they were ugly wrecks. I hope that guy was ok too. Apparently he was a local of Whistler.

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
My buddy broke his collarbone last month on Dirt Merchant, Friday we found a guy the exact spot he crashed with a broken collar bone. Be careful dudes!

p.s. the first table top on Freight Train bucked me my first time, I went waaaay too fast.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Wow, I saw the truck with his bike on the rack coming down.

Same thing happened to me last year. On our first run down a-line, I rounded a corner only to almost land on a guy unconcious in the trail with teeth and blood all over. Wear a full face kids!
I've never ridden down so fast.
The whole incident kinda killed the morning.
I hope he was ok.

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
i always keep my cell on me WITH

WHISTLER BIKE PARK EMERGENCY LINE #

1 604 938 7720

puts u on with a bike park first aid rider directly

keep it

learn it

use it

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Man, I was so glad to be wearing a full face when I ate it there. Now I am sad that I don't have a full face to wear~

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dwaugh said:
How old was he/how did he look? I know someone who just got a red demo 9. But he is a really good rider... going pro is a possibility for him... :think:
doesnt matter how good the rider is. i mean wade is a badass and he destroyed his leg, johnny wadell, steve peat, brian lopes. all badass but they all go down hard sometime or another. the better ya are the faster ya go the harder ya hit.