Quantcast

Bad luck. . .

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
In a relative sense, mind you. I could be much worse off right now, but honestly, I don't care too much.

See, I just spent a bit of time looking for my romic and a rocker arm that, apperently, are far far away from where they're supposed to be. I bent my mountain hardware on my romic (I ride a transistion dirtbag) and had the swing arms pulled off of the bike. Because the mounting hardware was bent, I had to really put some force into the thing to get it seperated from my swing arms. Anyway, that was a week ago.

I live with my parents. I'm doing community college and then jumping away after two years and a stable income go by. I have a spot in the garage where I put my bike parts. I put my romic and one swing arm there (I kept the other on the bike with all of the bolts in it, as to not loose the bolts).

I got back from work today to find a note on my bed from my dad. Apperently my mom has been throwing things away. She's been throwing away my dad's tools, some of my kiting supplies, and a bunch of random stuff. Apperently radiation treatment does a lot of crazy crap to you.

So I go down to check for my romic and swing arm. Not there. Shizzle. She's been throwing things away, right? So I go and check the trashcan.

Nothing.

Literally. Trash day was yesterday. I talked to my mom about it and she said that she moved it. Seeing as it's definently no where close to where she said she moved it, I have a feeling it was in the trash can. Crap.

So here I am, without my romic. Now I've got some mounting hardware comming in the mail for a shock that really doesn't exist anymore. Not to mention, I only have one of the Dangerboy rocker arms for my dirt bag -- that went out with the trash too. From what I've heard, they don't make those anymore. Talk about black comedy.

I am college student. I'm trying to save money for the future and for a whistler trip in the summer. I simply can't afford this. I just dropped loads on a new fork and now I've got to drop 200+ on a new rear setup.

I'm lucky that I play the drums. Somehow, hitting things really hard helps you get all of that energy out of you.

Anyone else hit a bump like this? I can tell you that it sucks, but it'd be nice to hear some worse stories.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
morethanjake543 said:
I got back from work today to find a note on my bed from my dad. Apperently my mom has been throwing things away. She's been throwing away my dad's tools, some of my kiting supplies, and a bunch of random stuff. Apperently radiation treatment does a lot of crazy crap to you.
If I understand you correctly, you're upset cuz your mom threw away a $200 item?

Uhh, shouldn't you be a little more upset that your mom is dying?

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
That's something that you deal with over time. She's been fighting for more than a year now and, luckily, she's fought heard enough to stay around for a while. It's hard to describe without sounding cliche and self absorbed, but I've come to terms with her disposition and now I need to figure out how to come to terms with all of the side affects. I really didn't try to bring it up because, honestly, that's more of a personal matter -- it doesn't exactly contrinbute to the thread all that much. Despite all that, I can still say that I'm proud of her. I guess it's just hard to relate to if you aren't in a similar posistion.

I'm not mad at her. I am doing my best to enjoy what time I've got left with her. I can't be mad at her because she isn't technically responsible for what happened. However, I am dissapointed that what happened has happened. Given the circumstances, worse could've happened. . . that's why I started out saying, "I could be much worse off right now". I didn't come here to be flammed for that reason. Please have some decency and lay off a bit -- that's a personal issue. I just wanted to be able to vent my frustraitions and, hopefully, find out if anyone else had something this silly happen to them.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
morethanjake543 said:
That's something that you deal with over time. She's been fighting for more than a year now and, luckily, she's fought heard enough to stay around for a while. It's hard to describe without sounding cliche and self absorbed, but I've come to terms with her disposition and now I need to figure out how to come to terms with all of the side affects. I really didn't try to bring it up because, honestly, that's more of a personal matter -- it doesn't exactly contrinbute to the thread all that much. Despite all that, I can still say that I'm proud of her. I guess it's just hard to relate to if you aren't in a similar posistion.

I'm not mad at her. I am doing my best to enjoy what time I've got left with her. I can't be mad at her because she isn't technically responsible for what happened. However, I am dissapointed that what happened has happened. Given the circumstances, worse could've happened. . . that's why I started out saying, "I could be much worse off right now". I didn't come here to be flammed for that reason. Please have some decency and lay off a bit -- that's a personal issue. I just wanted to be able to vent my frustraitions and, hopefully, find out if anyone else had something this silly happen to them.
sorry if my post sounded insulting, didn't mean it that.

My dad died of cancer, it metastasized in his brain, so I have some understanding. I also know that when sh!t like this is happening, that you grab onto whatever you can... like biking.

My apologies for sounding like a dick and my empathies for what you're going through.

If you want to talk about it, PM me.