Quantcast

Bad news on Floyd

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
surfinguru said:
Broken handle bar I believe. Amazing ride considering he had to stop. He would've taken the stage win for sure otherwise.
Crick the rink. Froyd needs hip repracement.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The UCI said it wasn't legal so he had to switch to a lower bar and it broke. I don't get why the bike was fine for the prologue but then not fine for the TT. HUH?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Without any research, all I can guess is that it was too close to Obree's Superman's position.

Real stupid in my opinion, though.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Seems silly to bring up the hip thing in the middle of the tour. Already getting the excuse ready?

sanjuro said:
Without any research, all I can guess is that it was too close to Obree's Superman's position.
Obree's Superman

Prologue

ITT(Stage 7)

What I heard was that the tips of his bars were too high. I guess it could have pushed him back a little lowering him, but it was hard to tell.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Heidi said:
It doesn't affect his riding though? It seems to me like constant pain would.
Shoot I'm in constant pain when I'm on the road bike.....

but seriously that's not a good thing at all. However, hip replacement surgery has come along way since Bo in 1992. It does show what a tough guy he is. A Beligian co-worker says that American cyclists in the pro peleton are almost all viewed as "hard" men in Europe which was surprising to me.

From Velonews regarding the TT position:

They promptly told Lelangue that the position of the bars was too high, and that they needed to be lowered so that saddle and bar tops were on the same plane.
Whatever that means.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wumpus said:
Seems silly to bring up the hip thing in the middle of the tour. Already getting the excuse ready?
Check out the first sentence of the article:

American Tour de France favorite Floyd Landis (Phonak) will hold a press conference on Monday to respond to press reports that he is suffering from a degenerative condition that could threaten his career.......