Bad seller: eastcoast dher?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
binary visions said:
Judge for yourself:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1424086

Auctioned off a bike. The buyer got a good deal, granted, but he wouldn't sell the bike!

I don't deal with dips***s, and I'm sure some of you guys don't either, just spreading the awareness...
Wow that's totally lame - he should have sold at that reserve he set.

Now he should be forced to be stuck with a bike that he doesn't plan on riding.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
eastcoast dher said:
the internet is so stupid.
So are people who break promises.

Oh, oh wait, do you hear that? It's the world's tiniest violin and it's playing a sad, sad song, just for you... Listen...

:nopity:

Sep 14, 2001
Maine.
were you even involved?
I really don't even see what your problem with me is. I didn't "rip you off".

the dead horse is beaten to death. stop.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
eastcoast dher said:
were you even involved?

I think it's a lousy thing to do, and people should know who they're buying from. All I did was post a link and tell people to judge for themselves - why, do you agree that your actions were reprehensible and that people shouldn't buy from you? Is that why you're upset? I certainly never claimed that you ripped me off, or even said that you ripped him off, did I now?

As far as "beating a horse" goes, hey, you're the one getting defensive over the fact that you were totally in the wrong. The horse would never have been beaten had you not made such a lame protest.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
eastcoast dher said:
were you even involved?

You posted it on the monkey and it could have been a monkey to get screwed, so yeah BVs involvement is pretty easy to understand. :nuts:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hee hee...

Between this and the other thread, the term "blanket party" is just ringing in my skull...

...and a well-deserved one at that! :thumb:

ezyryder

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
NOVA
ctbikes78890 said:
i didnt know this but when u win an auction its a legal document and you can be brought to court over it.
An online vendor, who I intend to sue, sold me two Shiver SC 2005 forks with 2 Cane Creek S6 Headsets for $38 shipped. The transaction had gone all the way through and they even charged my debit card. Nowhere on there site did they have disclaimers posted about errant pricing. Once they caught their error they immediately fixed it and called me to tell me they would not honor the transaction. Mind you this happens to airlines occasionally online and they always honor the incorrect price if customers buy tickets. My attorney looked at my documentation and the emails I exchanged with them and decided we had grounds on which to sue by them not honoring the deal. If I had won that Evil I would have immediately made a PayPal and then when the seller refused to send me the item I paid for I would have pursued legal action.

And yes, I can be a real MF'er.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
ezyryder said:
An online vendor, who I intend to sue, sold me two Shiver SC 2005 forks with 2 Cane Creek S6 Headsets for $38 shipped. The transaction had gone all the way through and they even charged my debit card. Nowhere on there site did they have disclaimers posted about errant pricing. Once they caught their error they immediately fixed it and called me to tell me they would not honor the transaction. Mind you this happens to airlines occasionally online and they always honor the incorrect price if customers buy tickets. My attorney looked at my documentation and the emails I exchanged with them and decided we had grounds on which to sue by them not honoring the deal. If I had won that Evil I would have immediately made a PayPal and then when the seller refused to send me the item I paid for I would have pursued legal action.

did you get the stuff for cheep?

ezyryder

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
NOVA
TheMontashu said:
did you get the stuff for cheep?
My lawyer is calling them Monday. He bets they will want to settle somehow. I figure I am at least getting a shiver sc (2005) and a Cane Creek S6 Headset for $20 or less. I told my lawyer I want both though. Best part is my lawyer is an IT Support customer of mine and is doign this for me for free. :)

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
ezyryder said:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
ezyryder said:
My lawyer is calling them Monday. He bets they will want to settle somehow. I figure I am at least getting a shiver sc (2005) and a Cane Creek S6 Headset for $20 or less. I told my lawyer I want both though. Best part is my lawyer is an IT Support customer of mine and is doign this for me for free. :)
hmmm...how cheap is your lawyer?
--edit--
nevermind. i doubt this would go all the way to court.

ezyryder

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
NOVA
right on. They f'd up and they'll offer one fork and one headset saying I don't need two. My lawyer will tell me to take it. I am sure if he has to go to court and this goes beyond a phone call and letter I'll be paying. :thumb: