Quantcast

bad snake karma

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
I mushed a snake yesterday going downhill on my bike.

I feel bad, but I was superconcentrating on the ruts in front of me, and then there it was. Then there it wasn't.

Actually, I don't feel that bad. Snakes. *shudder*

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
I've had two rodent encounters recently. One when doing a drop at the Flow Park, I just missed creaming a big, grey squirrel that came out in front of me as I was coming down. That would have been a nasty squish. Then at Sun Peaks, doing the last run of the day, there's a whoppee jump right at the end and as I went to take off, trying to get my biggest air, a little gopher or groundhog was sitting out of his hole right at the top of it! I couldn't believe he made a hole right there where all the bikes come through. So that kind of dampened my attempt at air... :mumble:

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
My friend told me a swallow had built a swallows nest in the middle of a jump at Carlmont. He went to check it out and mama swallow flew at him and scolded him.

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Utah
I had a grouse fly up into my handlebars on Saturday morning. I was out riding by myself and BAM - I felt an impact and there's flapping around against my hands and squawking. It was like the size of a large chicken - with a wing stuck in my brake levers. Scared the hell out of me for a minute there.

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
In Moab, I was leading on this rather technical trail and swooped out of a corner and saw a snake in the middle of the trail. It looked dead and I couldn't avoid him so I rolled over it. He didn't move or flinch. I gave the guys behind me a heads up, but as they approached, the snake decided to leave, and leave he did. Weird little guy.