Quantcast

Bad spouse thread.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I, am a bad spouse. Not in the abusive, philandering, drink too much and spend all our money way. But in the clueless and idiotic way of most men. We have been living out of suitcases for 2 months now, while in the midst of an international move. As my wife and her friends counted down our days in Germany, she mentioned she wanted to go to the salon and get pampered one last time. Of course I said yes, what else could I say? She goes to the salon, gets the hair, nails, eyebrows and makeup done, has a couple glasses of champagne or sect and a massage, comes home feeling good about everything...makes for a good evening!

So she makes an appt and drags her friend Heather along, a big loud blonde bombshell type...her husband and I ride herd over the kids for the afternoon, eat pizza, drink a couple beers and b.s. for a few hours. Phone rings, they are on the way back, what do we want to do for dinner yadahyadahyadah...okay you are at the top of the street, see you in a few...

They get back, come down the walk and we go out to see what our money has paid for, and I dont notice a thing. Not a thing. Nothing has changed. Her hair is "done" but thats all I can see...I say "How was it?" "Ohh it was great, how do you like my 'doo?" "Oh...nice...glad you girls had fun..." But I dont see a single difference. Other then having a good buzz, she looks the same as she did earlier. Is this like the opposite of the "Does this dress make me look fat?" question?

WTH am I missing here?

(Save the snide comments...unless they are funny...)

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
Dude, it's not your fault you see her as 100% max beauty all the time!

I always do my best to notice things my partner has done, but as a guy I'm hardly ever in the zone for that kind of thing. She went a shade darker at the hairdressers recently and I missed that, but she didn't notice when I last got my hair cut so I think we're even.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am sure my wife feels the same about my bike improvements. And unless you are in your twenties, maintaining the status quo is becoming an uphill battle...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just say that her inner beauty shines through her old dried husk, and any spackle applied to said husk.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I'm glad the only things my wife will get done are her hair twice a year and 2-3 times a year she's get a mani-pedi done. Soooooo glad that my wife is fairly low maintenance.

In response to your wife asking how she looks...

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Thats the thing, she is completely low maintenance...only gets done up when we have an event to attend. Last major movement she executed was to cut off all her hair and donate to Locks of Love right before we moved back to Germany...so I think I should have noticed something...but yeah, it made her happy and she hung out with her pal before we all left the country, so it was worth it...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My lady went from blonde to light brown and I didn't notice. :rofl:

As long as SHE likes it, that's what matters.

<edit> My girl is for the most part low maintenance minus the hair. She started getting gray early and her rich boss got her going to a guy in the Pearl district that charges $170ish +$40ish tip. It's about 4 times a year and it nearly makes me ill thinking about it. My hair is $20 every 2 months.

But she does stand to make more money this year than I will and she spends a lot of that on my junky ass. :rofl:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm so glad BigT isn't vain like that.
Wifey has just given up on me noticing anything. That's my goal. Be so inattentive that noticing or brining home flowers is an amazing occurance. Low expectations are an easy baseline to pass.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wifey has just given up on me noticing anything. That's my goal. Be so inattentive that noticing or brining home flowers is an amazing occurance. Low expectations are an easy baseline to pass.
:stupid:

Set low expectations then just barely fail to meet them with imaginary effort, then look like a rockstar every so often for actually showing up.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

Um.... Uh.... Take it from me Stoney, that only works for so long. ;)
Now that I'm on Wifey v.2 (a younger hotter version of V1) I have learned from my previous oversights.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Um.... Uh.... Take it from me Stoney, that only works for so long. ;)
Now that I'm on Wifey v.2 (a younger hotter version of V1) I have learned from my previous oversights.
Sounds like your previous oversights resulted in an upgrade though....