Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Sucks.. :(

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9PPUI001&show_article=1

Official: Air race crash 'mass casualty situation'
Sep 16 08:25 PM US/Eastern
By SCOTT SONNER and MARTIN GRIFFITH
Associated Press

RENO, Nev. (AP) - A plane plunged into the stands at an air race event in Reno in what an official described as a "mass casualty situation."

It wasn't immediately known how many people were killed. But video of the crash showed a horrific scene of bodies and wreckage at the front of the stands.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Horrible. Thoughts and prayers to those affected.

I predict an animated gif by the time this thread gets to the 3rd page.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
I was supposed to be there (in those seats) with the wounded warrior project today, apparently the group left 5 min before the crash.....still waiting for word on 4 other friends that were in the same seats that stayed behind.
Hope they're ok.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Damn, that's home. Wow...
Guess I should start making calls.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
RENO, Nev. (AP) &#8212; Federal investigators on Saturday began looking into what caused a 74-year-old pilot to lose control of his World War II-era plane and crash next to a VIP section at a Reno air race in an accident that killed at least three people and sent dozens to the hospital.
I guessing it has something to do with the pilot being 74 years old.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Everyone I know who attends that is intact. Couple of buddies were there, said it was meat grinder ugly.

I hear the same thing. If I was on the crew of that plane, I'd be getting out of Nevada quick.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Not a good weekend for air shows...

A single-engine airplane crashed Saturday at an air show in Martinsburg, West Virginia, a spokesman there said.

The T-28 military training aircraft crashed at the Thunder over the Blue Ridge air show, Lt. Nate Muellerof the 167th Airlift Wing said. He had no information on the circumstances of the crash or on injuries.

The aircraft was part of the Trojan Horsemen aircraft demo team, according to The Journal of Martinsburg, West Virginia.

The crash occurred during a stunt in which two T-28s were flying belly-to-belly, according to The Journal. The plane crashed in a fireball in front of hangars, The Journal reported.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so it was the airplane equivalent of a honda with a fart can?