Quantcast

Bad Weather

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Is it just me or is this weather driving us into a never ending cycle of cold. Finally a sign of relief on Monday then bam, more cold and random snowy days. Make up your mind. :nopity: Its starting to piss me off because I am beginning to forget what it was like to ride without my hands freezing off. If it just gets warm and stays warm my Spring will be complete. This also is dragging down my physical activity because when it is cold i dont want to do anything. Esp when it is :nuts: cold. Blah!! I wish I could hybernate like bears. That would be cool. We need a Ray's up the street from us. :thumb:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
riderx said:
I would help build that. We should make it around Columbia since it is in between B-more and DC. But you could never build it in Columbia because there would be too many risks and CA would try to own you. :nope: Its stupid I know. We used to have a BMX park but that disappearred and never re-appeared.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha I know. The weather went from sunny and 60 to 22 degrees over night. Monday was the first day I wore a short sleeve shirt and shorts in about 5 months. It felt great. And I didnt have to wear any gloves to keep my fingers from freezing off.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
What's with today's weather? Yesterday when I checked it was supposed to be snowing/rain. This moring it was sunny and warm. I rode to work and didn't even need a jacket. I rode my new Titan. I busted my ass wheelie dropping off storm grate that I've ridden off 100 times before on my old bike. I got to get used to shorter chainstays.

Sitting with one ass-cheek cocked to the side, jd.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha, he man post up some pictures of that. I remember talking to you back in the beginning of the winter about you building it up.

The weather is extremely unpredictable in MD. Maybe now all this warm air will come in and spring will start.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea I meant the bike. Sorry if I miss led you. Sweet set up man. My P.1 was ordered the other day so that should be here soon. I cant wait. Now the weather just needs to coporate.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Glad you like. The fork still needs a little tweaking. The spring seems right on judging by the sag. I need to go a higher weight oil I think. I can't seem to get enough damping. It bobs like an SOB out of the saddle. ANybody have any tips for tuning a fork? Its a work in progress I guess...

Did I mention my ass hurts?

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha, my P.1 came into today, but I ordered the A1 and a Chromo came. So now I have to wait a week or two for the A1 to come in. haha...what a week.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Fatespendulum said:
Instead of thicker oil try putting a little bit more in. I had similer problems with marzocchi forks from the factory. Probably about pint between both sides.

I may try that. I think that the Sherman only has damping oil on one side and it has that fluid bath on both sides. I'll check it and make sure the damping oil level is right and maybe add a few cc's. I have to run out and get a 20mm socket first. I figured out that the rapid travel adjust wasn't working and fixed that over the weekend. That's pretty cool. It is super stiff in the short travel setting. Too bad I've heard it will break if you ride it real hard in that setting. It would be great for DJ's.

rpk1988: Ha Ha what a tease! When I ordered my Titan came I got a box with all the drive train components about 2 weeks before the frame and fork. I was going nuts waiting so I know how you feel.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
jdschall said:
rpk1988: Ha Ha what a tease! When I ordered my Titan came I got a box with all the drive train components about 2 weeks before the frame and fork. I was going nuts waiting so I know how you feel.
I know man, I am just hoping it doesnt take them another month to order it. If they order it today, it would prob be in by thursday or friday.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea it hasnt done any of that for a while up here in Howard County. Its been nice and I have been able to hit the jumps by my house. Now all I need is my own bike then I am set. And the temperatures look to be getting better. Sweet.