Quantcast

bag

whynot?

Chimp
Jun 23, 2004
Hey I’m looking for a day pack type of thing that can serve for everyday use (possible as a school book bag) but that I can also throw a reservoir and some other junk in and go for a ride. Options?

Thanks,
TOM

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I'm partial to Dakine bags (and I'm a Bag Whore). They are shiny, have geeky features and seem to hold up OK

That being said I've had the same Mountainsmith(cyclesmith) Worldcup bag for 10 years, It's been to 3 continents, 46 states and more than 400 bike races, and it is still good as new.

whynot?

Chimp
Jun 23, 2004
Hey Thanks guys!
What Mountainsmith is that? are they still making it? I can't seem to find it but it looks pretty rad. I will definaty check out the Kelty and Dakine line ups.

Thanks again,
TOM

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The bag is the World Cup. They still make it. It has a nice suspension system and is pretty bombproof if my bag is any indication. They've updated the straps to make them more comfortable. They also refined the sleeve for the hydration pack as well.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I have one of these that I use for travel:

Alpen Deluxe H20 Daypack #VB3895X
by Victorinox® University Backpack Collection

It also has an exit port for a bladder though, and the shoulder straps are the BEST one's I've ever seen. They are nice and padded, and they are on these pivots that allow you to adjust the angle they come out at (for wider or narrower shoulders)
And the padding on the back is superb.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i like my Camelbak Rim Runner. use it as a school bag, when i'm not using my RELoad. when i'm home for a weekend, or whatever, i use it when i go on rides.

HAWGs are nice, as well.

whynot?

Chimp
Jun 23, 2004
I think the world cup might be the way to go but I can't find it in red like the picture SuspectDevice posted. Dose anyone sell it in red or should I just go with black?

Thanks guys!
TOM