Quantcast

Baggett Aiming for Victory at Budds Creek

Oct 20, 2009
<p>The Budds Creek National, held in Mechanicsville, Md., will play host to the fifth round of the 2012 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship this weekend. Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Blake Baggett, current 250 class points leader, is looking to get back on the podium after finishing fourth overall at the High Point National last weekend. Fellow 250 rider Ivan Tedesco finished seventh overall at High Point, and is currently tied for eighth in 250 point standings. Teammate Broc Tickle had a steady ride in High Point and held strong for seventh overall, which moved him up to eighth overall in 450 point standings.</p><p>
</p><p>
<b>Baggett Focusing on a Win</b></p><p>
Baggett is ready to get back to winning after finishing just off the podium last weekend at High Point. He is currently seven points ahead of second place in 250 point standings. He’s confident that the odds will be in his favor this weekend, and he’s focused on stretching out his points lead a bit more.</p><p>
</p><p>
“I’m ready to get back on the track,” said Baggett. “I want to get back on the top spot. I think this weekend should go really well.” </p><p>
</p><p>
<b>Tickle Looking Forward to Budds Creek</b></p><p>
Tickle finished 6-9 last weekend at High Point, which bumped him up to eighth overall in 450 point standings. He is steadily moving up the ranks with each round, and hopes to keep doing so as the series progresses. He enjoys Budds Creek, and is looking forward to a successful weekend.</p><p>
</p><p>
“Looking forward to Budds Creek,” said Tickle. “It’s a track I grew up racing. I’ve always enjoyed racing there.”</p><p>
</p><p>
<b>Tedesco Staying Tough </b></p><p>
Tedesco was on a mission this past weekend at High Point. He put his head down, got to work, and salvaged enough points to move from 11th to eighth overall in 250 point standings. Tedesco is tough, and there is no doubt he will progress in points as the season carries on.</p>

More...