Quantcast

Bah Humbug!!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So I leave town for a few weeks and come to find out my street is the "wonderland drive" of christmas light viewing.

all the neighborhood has asked me when I am going to decorate, I reply....."never!"

Every time I go hunting coyotes and checking my traps and boxes I see tons of idiots cutting christmas trees and getting stuck in the middle of the roads and being where they shouldnt be. I get asked, where are you going to cut your tree?, I reply...."I'm not!"

I get asked by customers picking up pieces from the woodshop "where/what are you going/doing for the holidays?, I reply "nothing/nowhere!"

I think I have turned into scrooge....and I am ok with it

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I like living in scrooge land. The locals sell xmas trees to the flatlanders for $40-50 a pop. At night you won't see one single set of xmas lights on any of the houses , we prefer to see the stars in the night sky [no streetlights up here either]

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, this is going to be my annual Xmas poach. I am thinking about Berkeley this time...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny ****ing Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Christmas is as good a reason to party and buy stupid sh*t as any. We dont do a tree or decorate or anything, but we do get good and drunk.