Quantcast

Bahati Cycling team

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
So...they signed Landis and a local guy I race cross with. I told him that he should learn as much as he can from Landis...doper or not, the guy knows how to win big races. I do find it odd that Landis is on a team based around a Crit beast. I don't know all that much about the team, anyone have good info?

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Well, at the last few crits down here, Rahsaan has been doing work for Hilton Clarke; he definitely doesn't appear to be in it all for himself. They also do have a few other guys that can do well in races other than crits.

Landis did the first two stages of the Tour de Murrieta (TT and crit), his team only did the Saturday crit, which I considered odd since Landis lives in town.

So basically, no, I don't have any good info.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I was talking with Josh Berry last night (the local kid they signed) and he seems to really like the team....although this is his first pro team :) He said everyone is cool and he's learning a lot. It'll be interesting to see how his season goes. One thing he said was that the team gave them all iPhones and they use the mapmyride app as their computer....I thought that was kinda cool. I guess the company that makes the app is a main sponsor.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Wow, good for Josh!
The only bummer is that we may not see him on the cross scene this year. His contract with the team runs through 12/31 and he may be off racing road still. You never know though...we raced with several of the Land Rover/Orbea guys all season.