Quantcast

Baie St-Paul weekend report 2 races

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Well i just got back from Baie St-Paul about and hours drive out of Quebec City past Mount St-Anne.

I left on Friday afternoon i took half the day off school which was nice. We drove for about 5 hours. But it was a nice drive because there was all the mountains.

Whats cool about Baie St-Paul is that it's alot like FRance in a way because all the buildings are that kind of style also it's amasing because i can speak and understand the french they speak there unlike must of Qubecers who speak crappy ass french.

Anyways it's about a month behind in terms of weather it was about 5-10 degrees colder than here.
Anyways they did a really nice job with the races because they're trying to get a regional training center there.
They just built the trails the trail for the Quebec cup looked like they built it a couple days ago cause no bikes had been on it.

The first day Saterday i had Coupe Charlevoix which was abslolutly terrible i was so pissed after the race because i went to practice the course but accidently did the wrong trail and didn't have time to do it again before the race.

It was crasy technicle and i was having a terrible time crashing and i just didin't feel good due to the crappy breakfast.

Somehow i ended up in 12th out of 41 which was a huge suprise and i would have gotten 11th and maybe 10th if i didn't let the guys pass me at the end i was just so pissed.

But luckly i always do better the next day after a hard race or training ride.
So today the race went great i finished 14th out of 61 and i was very close to the leaders. :) I think if i just lose the weight i put on a while ago about 7-10# i'll be able to be right up in the front.
I'm really happy with that race cause i started right in the back and moved through all of the feild pretty fast. It always makes me laugh because there's all these kids racing there first year in Cadet and they all think they're something else but they almost all suck and as soon as a hill comes i go way ahead of them.

I always seem to have a few crashes the first was because the course was the muddeist and wetest i've ever raced on some hills you'd just sit there spinning you're wheels. I was on the downhill and there's a part that has a little bridge and than a sharp turn than another one thats bigger and they didn't put anytrhing for grip on it. So i'm coming down this hill and hit the bridge at an angle at about 25KMH and wam i was sliding across the bridge on my hip. When i got up i fell agian cause it was so slippery and my derailler hanger bent a bit thats when i lost 2 guys i should have beat.

The other crash was on an up hill after crossing a bridge and i somehow slipped on a rock and fell off a 30' cliff but i graped a bolder just in time and used my bike as a bar to help me up it suffered some scratches but is alright.

Anyways best of all last Quebec Cup i was 18th this one i was 14th and much closer to the winners time.

"It always makes me laugh because there's all these kids racing there first year in Cadet and they all think they're something else but they almost all suck and as soon as a hill comes i go way ahead of them."

What are you talking about? You know I had about 1minute on you after a half lap until I flatted? I'm first year cadet...

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Heytouekutbenca
"It always makes me laugh because there's all these kids racing there first year in Cadet and they all think they're something else but they almost all suck and as soon as a hill comes i go way ahead of them."

What are you talking about? You know I had about 1minute on you after a half lap until I flatted? I'm first year cadet...
I know but you weren't there and you're an exception cause you seem to be good but we'll see when you actual don't have a flat a crash.
How long have you been racing cause i think i'm doing really well since I haven't even been racing afull year and last winter was the first time doing real training also i've only been MTBing for about a year and a half.

Last year was my first year on the Québec Cup... before I was doing the sunset series. It is my 4th year on the dirt, but the first two were recreative. After the second year, a coach from that club decided to start a competitive team. I was of the chosen number.

I had been doing competitions in swimming for five years. I was training 14 hours a weak and had my buzzer set at 4h30 am 3 times a week. I never had energy for training... so I was not really a strong cyclist. But in may 2002, I have quitted swimming because I was not loving the sport anymore.

So I concentrated on cycling... and it started to pay. I am kicking butt climbing, but suffering going downhill. I'm always crashing when I want to go too fast... but I always rise after and continue. I will start racing road when I will have money to buy a good road bike... I have to pay for my sport and my sponsors are so so... 20% off at Cycle Outaouais.

I hope it will go alright at Tremblant, I love that mountain. I'll show you what I'm able of! *fear me* mouhahahahah

Probably you won't read that until the end but I neaded to practice my written english. And by the way, if you want to win swimm HARD, REALLY HARD the winter and you will never suffer from your cardio again...

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Heytouekutbenca
Last year was my first year on the Québec Cup... before I was doing the sunset series. It is my 4th year on the dirt, but the first two were recreative. After the second year, a coach from that club decided to start a competitive team. I was of the chosen number.

I had been doing competitions in swimming for five years. I was training 14 hours a weak and had my buzzer set at 4h30 am 3 times a week. I never had energy for training... so I was not really a strong cyclist. But in may 2002, I have quitted swimming because I was not loving the sport anymore.

So I concentrated on cycling... and it started to pay. I am kicking butt climbing, but suffering going downhill. I'm always crashing when I want to go too fast... but I always rise after and continue. I will start racing road when I will have money to buy a good road bike... I have to pay for my sport and my sponsors are so so... 20% off at Cycle Outaouais.

I hope it will go alright at Tremblant, I love that mountain. I'll show you what I'm able of! *fear me* mouhahahahah

Probably you won't read that until the end but I neaded to practice my written english. And by the way, if you want to win swimm HARD, REALLY HARD the winter and you will never suffer from your cardio again...
WOW you've really been into it for a while now. Before a year and a half ago i was a fat lazy couch patato. But cycling has change me and i'm definintly want to win and i will. If i was biking as long as all you guys like Gagne i'd be winning but 14th in my 2nd Quebec cup is that bad for someone who hasn't ever been invloved in sports. I want to improve my starts cause i'm always slow at the start i'm usaully near the back until the climbing starts than i get up near the front.

My decending can improve alot because i've only been riding a yaer and a half and we have almost no technicle trails here but somehow i guy i know who lives cost down the road from me just won the Senoir Expert DH at Bromont the trouble is that almost everyone here are into freeride and DH and are to lasy to ride uphills .

I think i'm going to take you're advice and start swimming that along with all my other training i'll be loads faster by the end of this season.:)

How is MT.Tremblant i haven't been biking there.?