Quantcast

Bailout vote stalls

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Just because someone from some ethnic or religious group isn't bothered and pokes fun at themselves does not make it ok by all.
Understand that.
So wait, you're saying that a black person can't call himself a nigger, because you, Casper McWhitey, proclaims it to be wrong?

That's racist...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'm not racist. Some of my best friends are Jewish. They even look human.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Just because someone from some ethnic or religious group isn't bothered and pokes fun at themselves does not make it ok by all.
Understand that.
Damn it dude, you were starting to offer some decent debates, you got pushed out of the firing line by freightGOD, you were agreeing and having civil debates today then you gotta go and hijack the thread!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
While I do not feel the bailout was the right way to correct this *problem*, and that the market needs to correct which will make us go through a recession, there is a much large issue out there.
There are over $50 TRILLION in outstanding CDS contracts that need to be delivered on. BTW, CDS contracts amount to an option on a bond, which is NOT legal, the way they are structured is "insurance" on the company failing. Because you do not need to own the underlying to take out this type of a contract, when overused, they create excess leverage in the system. As banks default, money is being made from these contracts hand over fist. Find out who is profiting from these contracts, and who is shorting the US financials into obliving (see naked short selling www.deepcapture.com). If it's the same people, what you are seeing is an attack on the US financial system.
Yes, the system needs to correct and we will see a recession. that's FINE!!!! It's the seemingly coordinated takedown of one financial at a time that is waving red flags.

Someone is making a LOT of money on all of this. THAT is who we need to act upon.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Oh, and I bought like 20 cases of beenie-weeines on sale the other week, let it burn!!!
i can't find any scrapple in CO or AZ.
i get this look like i ordered baba ghannouj w/ extra cumin
ok, i think we just need a good scapegoat here.

big financial and economic crisis = the usual whipping boy (the jews)?
well, it is rosh hashanah until wednesday
Someone is making a LOT of money on all of this. THAT is who we need to act upon.
"a free market capitalist says what?"*

*ohio, ~spring '08

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
"a free market capitalist says what?"*

*ohio, ~spring '08
There is a free market and collusion. Follow the money on deregulation of the equity market (hedge fund dollars), then look at who is investing heavily selling CDO's (hedge funds), then who is putting the most money into shorting financials (hedge funds). I would bet big money that all roads lead back to the same place - Non-regulated hedge funds.
Add that much of the leverage in the system is given BY the banks going under to the HF's taking them out, and you have a self-fulfilling prophecy.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
While I do not feel the bailout was the right way to correct this *problem*, and that the market needs to correct which will make us go through a recession, there is a much large issue out there.
There are over $50 TRILLION in outstanding CDS contracts that need to be delivered on. BTW, CDS contracts amount to an option on a bond, which is NOT legal, the way they are structured is "insurance" on the company failing. Because you do not need to own the underlying to take out this type of a contract, when overused, they create excess leverage in the system. As banks default, money is being made from these contracts hand over fist. Find out who is profiting from these contracts, and who is shorting the US financials into obliving (see naked short selling www.deepcapture.com). If it's the same people, what you are seeing is an attack on the US financial system.
Yes, the system needs to correct and we will see a recession. that's FINE!!!! It's the seemingly coordinated takedown of one financial at a time that is waving red flags.

There is a free market and collusion. Follow the money on deregulation of the equity market (hedge fund dollars), then look at who is investing heavily selling CDO's (hedge funds), then who is putting the most money into shorting financials (hedge funds). I would bet big money that all roads lead back to the same place - Non-regulated hedge funds.
Add that much of the leverage in the system is given BY the banks going under to the HF's taking them out, and you have a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Beautiful clear sightedness, the best thing I've heard about this issue!! :cupidarrow: :cupidarrow: :cupidarrow:

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Sounds like the finance guys haven't learned from the historical lessons of too much leverage! :rofl:

Let 'em fvckin' FALL. :mad:
The problem is that they are going to take the rest of the country and a good part of the world with them

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Dear investors,

Sry about the trillion dollars in market value lost yesterday. We wuz really hurt by Speaker Pelosi cuz she said mean things about us. No worries, hope it's ok now.

K thx bye,
House GOP
Dow's up by 340 today

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is this the same guy who used to post threads about his hair do and all the dumb chicks he used to hit on while drunk?
Yes. While I was doing my hair and all that other stuff at night, I was learning money during the day.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
It's easier if you just change the name

McCain: Change name from ‘bailout’ to ‘rescue’

“The first thing I'd do is say, let's not call it a bailout, let's call it a rescue because it is a rescue. It's a rescue of Main Street America,” McCain said in an interview on CNN’s “American Morning.”
Nah, let's don't rework it and make it make sense, let's just change the name...
crap sandwiches taste better if you call them cheeseburgers..

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
anyone who's read a parenting book knows rescuing is one of the most damaging things you can do to your child. rescue parents create an unhealthy co-dependent relationship.

maybe there will be wide-spread revisions to parenting tomes to search/replace in keeping w/ the times?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
anyone who's read a parenting book knows rescuing is one of the most damaging things you can do to your child. rescue parents create an unhealthy co-dependent relationship.

maybe there will be wide-spread revisions to parenting tomes to search/replace in keeping w/ the times?
It's one thing to avoid a moral hazard when the results are a schoolyard fight, or detention, or getting fired from Shenanigans. It's not a moral hazard to pull your kid out from in front of an oncoming train because he passed out on the tracks after a 3 day heroin binge. I'm no parent, but lessons shouldn't kill the child, no matter how much he misbehaved. They also shouldn't punish the kids in the next town over who have never even met your delinquent son..

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
So back to the bailout bill or economic rescue package as McCain likes to call it.

It had to get loaded up to likely pass. And a big chunk o' fat goes to...wait for it....

Alaska!

The special provisions include tax breaks for:

* Manufacturers of kids' wooden arrows - $6 million.

* Puerto Rican and Virgin Is- lands rum producers - $192 million.

* Wool research.

* Auto-racing tracks - $128 million.

* Corporations operating in American Samoa - $33 million.

* Small- to medium-budget film and television productions - $10 million.

Another measure inserted into the bill appears to be a bald-faced bid aimed at winning the support of Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska), who voted against the original version when it went down in flames in the House on Monday.

That provision - a $223 million package of tax benefits for fishermen and others whose livelihoods suffered as a result of the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill - has been the subject of fervent lobbying by Alaska's congressional delegation.

Some of the pork-barrel measures buried in the financial rescue package had been contained in a bill that previously passed the Senate, but died in the House.
Full story