Quantcast

Baltimore area Memorial Day weekend...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ok I'm gonna be in town that weekend. Well I'll be at my sister's house outside of Baltimore anyway. I was wondering if anybody would be interested in showing me around some XC down there.

I guess she lives across a stream from a state park (where people mtn bike) down there. I forget the name of the park and the name of her town but if anybody is interested reply here or PM me. I'm going to get the name of the town she lives in now.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by stosh

I guess she lives across a stream from a state park (where people mtn bike) down there. I forget the name of the park and the name of her town but if anybody is interested reply here or PM me. I'm going to get the name of the town she lives in now.
Patapsco S.P.?

The only Monkeys I know in B-more are Riderx and Dirtgirl. Try PMing them. I'm out of town all weekend or I'd show you around.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by BikeGeek
Patapsco S.P.?

The only Monkeys I know in B-more are Riderx and Dirtgirl. Try PMing them. I'm out of town all weekend or I'd show you around.

Ok cool! Thanks man!

Where ya going? I saw some people were heading to Mtn Creek it's about 10min down the road from me right now while I'm at work. I live about 30min away from it.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Ok cool! Thanks man!

Where ya going? I saw some people were heading to Mtn Creek it's about 10min down the road from me right now while I'm at work. I live about 30min away from it.
I'm getting married the weekend after memorial day so I'll be in PA taking care of last minute details.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to hit the East Coast North American Singlespeed Championships of the Universe (ECNASSCU) Festival taking place in central PA that weekend, but it doesn't look promising.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
quarters road
Middle River

That is where my Sis lives.

Where in central PA are you heading? I used to live in East Central PA.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Just post up to remind us when you are here and specifically when you have available to ride. I ride XC and DH with about the same frequency and live about 40 minutes West of Baltimore. As BikeGeek suggests, the best options you'll have for XC are the Avalon section of Patapsco(mud&roots) 15 minutes from Baltimore, and Gambrill/Watershed(rocks& more rocks) about 45 minutes West in Frederick. I personally never know what or when I'm riding over a w/e until the Friday night before.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Just post up to remind us when you are here and specifically when you have available to ride. I ride XC and DH with about the same frequency and live about 40 minutes West of Baltimore. As BikeGeek suggests, the best options you'll have for XC are the Avalon section of Patapsco(mud&roots) 15 minutes from Baltimore, and Gambrill/Watershed(rocks& more rocks) about 45 minutes West in Frederick. I personally never know what or when I'm riding over a w/e until the Friday night before.

Cool man the only days I could ride would be either sat or sun of that weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'll be near Reading on Sat. and Sun. and then in State College on Monday.

Nice! State college is nice this time of year.

I used to live in a town called Frackville South of Scranton, it's right on 81.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Frackville that's a stupid little hick town.
I'm from another little hick town in Pensyltucky Mt. Carmel.
But the freeriding there is strting to get real good there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by goofy
Frackville that's a stupid little hick town.
I'm from another little hick town in Pensyltucky Mt. Carmel.
But the freeriding there is strting to get real good there.

Yeah, like Mt Carmel is any better. Is there anywhere to ride XC around Frackville? I'm going to MBW at Jim Thorpe but thats not close enough to Frackville to ride when I'm down visiting.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Yeah, like Mt Carmel is any better. Is there anywhere to ride XC around Frackville? I'm going to MBW at Jim Thorpe but thats not close enough to Frackville to ride when I'm down visiting.

Hey I left there didn't I. But my mother ( pain that she is) still lives there so I have to visit.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hey I left there didn't I. But my mother ( pain that she is) still lives there so I have to visit.

I actually like it down there. I'm not quite sure why. My family is well connected and I have a lot of ties there.

Ever go to Knobles?
Ever go to Danny's in Ashland?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
So since it doesn't sound like my chances are good with meeting up with anybody could someone tell me where to ride around Middle River???????

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Ever go to Knobles?
Ever go to Danny's in Ashland? [/B][/QUOTE]

Knobles is alright but you get tired of it fast when you live 15 minutes from there for 19 years.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ever go to Knobles?
Ever go to Danny's in Ashland?

Knobles is alright but you get tired of it fast when you live 15 minutes from there for 19 years. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I hear that. I used to go there a lot. I like it because it's not like the huge amusement parks now a days.

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
That is also the weekend of Bike Jam in Patterson Park, which is just about downtown. I work at Fleet Street Cycles and alot of us will be there hanging out watching the races. Afterwards is a crazy bike messenger race through the city.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by evolutionbike
That is also the weekend of Bike Jam in Patterson Park, which is just about downtown. I work at Fleet Street Cycles and alot of us will be there hanging out watching the races. Afterwards is a crazy bike messenger race through the city.
Could you give me anymore details?

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
shifty you go to Knobles? Wow. I didn't think that anybody went there from here. Even though I'l be there in three weeks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by shifty S
knobles like the amusement park? because i go there every year...
Bwahhhhhhhhhh

Jacksonpt went there too.

Are you guys going camping or what?

Also I'll be at Patapsco park I think early Sunday Morning with my sisters boyfriend if anybody would like to join us.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Sorry, I'll be in State College for the East Coast Single Speed Championship of the Universe.

Try posting over on the MORE-mtb.org forums. It's our local trail advocacy group, you should be able to hook up with someone there.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by riderx
Sorry, I'll be in State College for the East Coast Single Speed Championship of the Universe.

Try posting over on the MORE-mtb.org forums. It's our local trail advocacy group, you should be able to hook up with someone there.
If I can bust out of the family picnic, maybe I'll see you there.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
If I can bust out of the family picnic, maybe I'll see you there.
Be there or be square. :D It's a good time on some good trails. Lots of MORE people will be out this year.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by riderx
It's a good time on some good trails.
I haven't been there to ride in a couple of years, but you're right, good stuff. Can only be better with the crew that's going to be there. :thumb:

I'll be sporting a Ridemonkey sticker on my downtube. Say hey if you see me. :)