Quantcast

Bama boy needing a challenge

Mar 27, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So once I finish my last upgrade (my crank). I need a challenge. I live in Birmingham, AL and Oak Mt is pretty much tame for me. Whats some good places to go ride so I can test my ability.

I have a K2 Lithium so I wanna see what the bike can handle. I prefer DH riding so anywhere I can have some fun that's not 10 hours away would be great (aka this is why I envy you guys in NC and Colorado. Wish we had some stuff down south to really challenge ourselves that doesn't evolve pedaling 10 miles up hill for a 30 second run. )

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
So once I finish my last upgrade (my crank). I need a challenge. I live in Birmingham, AL and Oak Mt is pretty much tame for me. Whats some good places to go ride so I can test my ability.

I have a K2 Lithium so I wanna see what the bike can handle. I prefer DH riding so anywhere I can have some fun that's not 10 hours away would be great (aka this is why I envy you guys in NC and Colorado. Wish we had some stuff down south to really challenge ourselves that doesn't evolve pedaling 10 miles up hill for a 30 second run. )
Just 4 hours to
windrock!

You can go ride the TTC in Jasper,tn which is outside of Chattanooga.
When your really ready WindRock is the place . Its in Oliver Springs,Tn and you'll shiite your pants but you'll need to bring vehicle that can shuttle to the top.
Just post up when you wanna check it out and somebody will show you around.

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Def. go to ttc. I rode there with a local and some guys who drove all the way from Miss. for the day. I have some contact info if you are interested.

RapidRob

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
Bama
Hey matt, jeremy smith and i are always heading up to TTC from Cullman, and your more than welcome to ride up or meet us on a weekend. Monte Sano also has a class DH run which is very short but 10 times better than anything @ hurri-lame creek park here in cullman. We have some good vertical chutes and drops at an old strip mine we could show you too :thumb:

Last edited:

davo425

Chimp
Feb 9, 2011
go to TTC! Very close for you, but right now I'm not sure about the trail conditions......
Rob, let me know if you guys plan a trip up there........any of you for that matter
-David